Questions for Seattle-ites

Hello, I am revisiting this fine city in March 2011 and wondered if someone in-the-know could answer a few questions? DH and I spent 4 lovely days in Seattle in August a couple years back and did alot of the tourist stuff. We have 1 1/2 days between our flight from home and our flight to Hawaii and I want to make the most of it. Yes...we will be going to the market. We did not get nearly enough on our last visit. Some thoughts were Serious Pie to check out the "world's best pizza" What time is the least busiest so we do not have a long wait? The Chittenden Locks...in March? Worthwhile? Do I really need pre-purchased tickets? Favorite seafood restuarant in any price range (the kicker here is that they MUST also serve beef/chicken/pork). We are staying at the Marriott Waterfront...opinions? Thanks in advance. Julie

• 4 weeks later...

I can't answer for the rest, but Serious Pie has really good pizza! When you're in the Market, make sure you take a look at the logo at the first Starbucks. We did a ghost tour last time we were there. It took place in the Market and it was a great way to learn some of the grisly history of this city.

• 2 weeks later...

Well some things I can answer. I am from Seattle and lived her my whole life. Seafood, well that's a tough one..there is so many. I really like Elliott's its down on the pier. Amazing crab. The Metropolitan Grille is also amazing the seafood platter is by far the best..oysters shooters, dungeness crab, lobster, and huge shrimp. They have prime aged beef..the Delmonico is also to die for. I think it's on 6th and Marion? Palisades its also amazing, great seafood with a slight asian infusion, also to die for. All three of these are top of the line restraunts easily 100+ per person, app, salad, dinner, dessert, drinks.

If you want to go to ALki in west Seattle Spuds fish and chips is also a local landmark seafood favorate. Great fish and chips and chowder.

As far as the market, if you like Asian, there is a great bakery. Enter in at the cobblestone entrance head down just a short way maybe 15 small shops down on the right there is a bakery called Me-Sum Bakery. They have the most amazing Chinese BBQ pork baked buns you will ever eat in your life. They have been here since the 70's when I was a kid..aslo to die for.

Our seafood here is so fresh especially down town..I can honestly say that even going to like the crab pot on the pier its really good. Its really hard to go wrong in this city..honestly.

Archived