Difference between Barefoot Catamaran and Jolly Roger Tour?

bender031177

Carnival's site shows two excursions for catamaran tours in Roatan - the Barefoot Catamaran and the Jolly Roger Tour. What's the difference? They are both the same tour operator but one is $10 more than the other.

The Barefoot seems like a much nicer boat but it's description says "a" complimentary drink while the Jolly Roger says "open bar". Does anyone know if only one drink is actually included on the Barefoot?

I'd love to hear others' experiences with these tours.

• 7 years later...

Most cruise ship excursions will be packed with passengersand will not likely provide you the food/drink and service you are looking to get for yourgroup. I would recommend checking out Radical Adventures (on here and Trip Advisor). They are not a cheap, pack-them-aboard excursion but have a great reputation and were the highlight of our cruise.

• 7 months later...
Just did this excursion this past week and thought it was awesome. Lunch was delicious, drinks strong and snorkeling great. Guides were very good and very helpful.

Did you do the Jolly Roger booked through NCL or booked through a third party?

• 1 month later...
Just did this excursion this past week and thought it was awesome. Lunch was delicious, drinks strong and snorkeling great. Guides were very good and very helpful.

We are cruising on the Getaway in December and thinking about the Jolly Roger Catamaran in Roatan. My parents are in their 70s and wouldn't do the snorkeling, but the rest may be something they would enjoy. How much walking and obstacles is involved with getting to the tour?

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I did the Jolly Rogers last year, and it was so good we are doing it again this year. We are not drinkers, but we did notice they offered drinks (noticed plural) to anyone who wish one. They offered several time during the trip. Food was ok. Snorkeling was great, and the crew made it very enjoyable. Can't wait to get back in the water later in October!

http://jollyrogerroatan.com/