Genoa to Cinque Terra

busseltoncruisers

I wouldn't worry about booking ahead of time. I didn't do any prior booking for any of my train trips this past Spring and had no issues. Just go to the trenitalia site and make note of what times trains leave Genoa for whichever CT village you want to stay in. After that, the trips in between CT villages are pretty frequent.

You'll have a great time in CT. Have you found a place to stay yet?

We are spending 2 nights post cruise in Cinque Terra on the 1st November. Can anyone advise the best method of transfer from the port to Cinque Terra. We note there is a train service but are having difficulties trying to book on line. Does the train operate in November ??

You cannot book Regional Trains long-term ahead:

7 days if you take Regional Trains.

But it's open seating anyway so there is no advantage to book ahead beside you do not want to queue up to buy the tickets at a counter and just want to board the train.

Bookings only possible if you signed Verified by Visa or Secure Code Master Card programme.

If you choose a transfer connection and one part is on an InterCity or EuroCity Long-Distance-train via Sestri Levante or La Spezia you should book this section ahead to get

upto 30% discount

and

seats as seat reservations for this part of the travel would be mandantory.

But the advantanges to use long-distance trains is very limited for this destination.

Regards

HeinBloed

Thanks Slidergirl. We are staying in Vernazza at the Elizabetta Suites.

Vernazza - good choice! That's where we based. From the photos I could find of the Elizabetta, you're on the high side of town, up near the railroad tracks. Looks like fantastic views! You'll have stairs to do, so be sure you can haul your bag easily up steps - wheels won't help. Do one breakfast at il Pirata, just up the road from your place. Excellent fresh-squeezed juice, fantastic pastries. And, I'll put in a word for a lunch at the Vulnetia, down on the harbor. They had some of the best seafood risotto I've ever had. Don't be afraid to go into the produce store or the meat/cheese market in town. I was able to buy some very tasty items in both.

• 2 months later...
I wouldn't worry about booking ahead of time. I didn't do any prior booking for any of my train trips this past Spring and had no issues. Just go to the trenitalia site and make note of what times trains leave Genoa for whichever CT village you want to stay in. After that, the trips in between CT villages are pretty frequent.

You'll have a great time in CT. Have you found a place to stay yet?

How long does it take on the train to go from Genoa to the nearest village in Cinque Terre? :)

Archived