"R" ships on Princess

Aruba

Thank you so much to everyone who has written! I am a fairly experienced cruiser and knew before I booked it that this will not be an Oceania experience. We get what we pay for; anything more should be appreciated as an unexpected treat...and I paid only $115 a day for what on Oceania we would call a B-2 balcony room, PLUS get 500 free internet minutes (for being a platinum member on Princess which means having sailed with them 5 times before), PLUS get a $250 on-board credit (for owning 100 shares of stock in Carnival, the parent company of Princess). At that price, I can't afford to stay home! ;)

How I would love to do this incredible West Africa itinerary on Oceania (and someday we WILL!) but Nautica has been wait-listed in every category despite being let's just say quite a bit more than $115 a day. Obviously there is a reason for that!

I hope FDR and BB are not reading this thread because they might think I do not love them anymore which is MOST ASSUREDLY NOT THE CASE!! :D If anything, I will appreciate Oceania all the more...and will have saved enough in the meantime to pay for another O cruise.

For what it's worth, Antonio told us (before he got off Insignia in July) that he thought he would be on Marina for its inaugural sailings. But of course the staffing assignments can change... I assume O will be putting their very best employees on Marina, especially in the beginning.

Hope you're having a good time in Aruba. Are you in the high-rise area or the Eagle Beach area? We have a place in Eagle Beach -- Casa del Mar.

Aruba-

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You ! You have made my day, my week, my month!

Thanks to Cruise Critic, and the fine hospitality of Frank Del Rio, we now travel with a core group of Oceania pals who tend to skip the night-time entertainment. On most evenings, we go directly from dinner over to "see Antonio".

It can take several hours to iron out the problems of the world, but we look at it this way, those Jim-tiinis won't drink themselves. :rolleyes:

In Aruba, we are about a mile up Eagle beach from you, at La Cabana.

And don't forget Screaming Eagle and Le Dome right near by, not to mention Chef's Table, Marandi, Sunset Grille, Ruinas del Mar, Japengo, Pinchos, Ventanas del Mar...the list goes on and on. Time for a snack.:rolleyes:

Archived