Excursions/Things to do in St. Thomas & Naussau

Mugsy1976

Hello! My boyfriend & I (we are both 28) are heading on Voyager of the seas in March (eastern Caribbean). I was wondering if any of you experienced cruisers have any tips on some good trips/excursions in St. Thomas & Naussau. There are so many listed in The RCI booklet we don't know which to try. There are tons of snorkeling trips but we don't know which trips are good.:confused: I was wondering if anyone had any insights as to the more fun, better tours of the many that are available! I appreciate your time! We were hoping to try snorkeling somewhere & maybe another excursion. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Mugsy,

Which of the excursions listed do you think you would enjoy? Perhaps posts the ones you have narrowed it down to, based on your own interest, and then folks can posts opinions of those you have selected. Are you thinking bike tour, Bobs underwater scooter excursion, Atlantis Submarine, a Snorkel Charter to Buck Island, an island tour... from the RCI booklet which ones caught your eye?

--Islander

Hello. Thanks.....We were trying to decide between a few tours..... Cas Cay eco tour float/hike/snorkel, Coral land & coral sea, buck island sail & snorkel, captain Nautica's power raft snorkel tour, turtle cove snorkeling, maybe BOB. We aren't familiar with the areas the excursions go so we are not sure which to try. I appreciate any insights. Thanks ever so much! Jill:)

Hello,

You've certainly picked a few of the fun ones :) making your decision tough!!

The Eco-Tour is a good pick. The Buck Island Sail & Snorkel and the Turtle Cove Snorkeling are day-sails to basically the same place (Turtle Cove is at Buck Island). So I would imagine the differences are in the boat, time you stay there... the features. In any case this is a great spot to snorkel and also a good choice.

BOB & Captain Nautica get favorable reviews. They offer a different experience then a day sail or a eco-tour, so I suppose the choice depends on your interest. BOB is a neat experience - underwater scooter.

--Islander

Hello! My boyfriend & I (we are both 28) are heading on Voyager of the seas in March (eastern Caribbean). I was wondering if any of you experienced cruisers have any tips on some good trips/excursions in St. Thomas & Naussau. There are so many listed in The RCI booklet we don't know which to try. There are tons of snorkeling trips but we don't know which trips are good.:confused: I was wondering if anyone had any insights as to the more fun, better tours of the many that are available! I appreciate your time! We were hoping to try snorkeling somewhere & maybe another excursion. Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, have you considered booking Godfrey for St. Thomas - 2 hrs of shopping, 2 hrs of island tour and 2 hrs of beach time with a likely chance of doing snorkelling off the beach in St. Thomas. There are many reviews on this board for him - $20/pp - very well worth the $$. We did his tour last week while in St. Thomas and I found out about him thru these boards.

As for Nassau, we were there for a short time 7 to 2 (actually 9 when you finally got off the ship), so we just took a taxi over to see the Atlantis Resort. Cant be much help on this port of call...sorry!

Archived