Celebrity Air and Travel Insurance

grammyandpoppy

Hi Folks - we just booked a Baltic cruise for June 2011. Since we live in the Fort Lauderdale area, we have never used airfare on our previous cruises. Would you please share your experience with Celebrity Air as well as give suggestions as to when we should book our air travel. We can fly out of Orlando, West Palm or Fort Lauderdale. Airfare seems very high to me but we haven't flown to Europe since 2000. Has anyone used a consolidator and what has been your experience? Aer Lingus seems the cheapest right now - any input on them?

Also - travel insurance. Since we are booking an inside cabin on the Constellation (will be hard since we always book a balcony) we are hoping to keep the cost of the trip under $3000 each (for cruise fare and air). How do you go about choosing insurance? Any money savings tips? We would be booking non-refundable air. I understand that if we had to cancel, we would be reimbused for port and taxes by the cruiseline and I guess taxes on air. So what do I actually use to calculate the cost of the trip?

I would so appreciate your input.

Dolores

We are using Celebrity's ChoiceAir for our upcoming TA.

I did a lot of research on pricing for the airfare and ChoiceAir was the best by far!

We always buy insurance just for peace of mind. (We are in our 60's)

But you are going to have to make that decision yourself. You alone know your tolerance! :D

Archived