Lactose Free milk IS AVAILABLE!!

FloridaGators

I know there has been discussion on this subject in the past. We just got off of Elation yesterday and my granddaughter drinks lactose free milk......not soy.

We contacted "special needs" before the cruise by email and explained that she needed lactose free milk not soy and asked if it was available. We received email from Carnival saying that yes, it is available.

We boarded the ship around 11:30 and at 1:00 p.m. I went to the dining room to meet with our Matre'D....whose name is Chubby and he is the best Matre'D we have ever sailed with. While I was there he called room service and told them to be sure they had the milk available at all times.

When we got to our table that evening and every evening after that, her milk was at her place at the table.

We ate breakfasts in the dining room and because you have a different waiter each morning we had to explain to them what we wanted and told them to see "Chubby". Within 3 minutes, Chubby would appear with the milk.

So if you are one of the people who only drink lactose free milk......contact special needs ahead of time and then go and introduce yourself to the Matre'D when you first get on the ship......the system works:)

I had read so many threads saying that they only had soy.....so I was a little worried, but by contacting special needs AND meeting with the Matre'd....it worked out fine.

Oh and the first night at dinner....a hostess came to our table to find out if there was anything else that Abby couldn't eat. We told her the milk was the only thing....cheese and ice cream don't seem to bother her.

Woohoo! Thanks for the info! That is GREAT! My kids will be SO much happier!

:)

Make sure you send an email to special needs and then go and meet the matre'd of your dining room at 1:00 p.m. after you get on the ship. We had some fun with some of the breakfast waiters because they didn't know what it was......they were looking at the little cartons of fat free; soy; etc. All we did was ask them to go and check with Chubby.

The problem I have found, on several different cruise lines, is that they always have soy milk, but not FAT FREE soy milk. I am planning to bring my own in November, half a quart per day. (Fortunately, it does not have to be refrigerated, at least not until it is opened.)

Bill

Wonderful, I have an allergy to whole milk , i can do chesse and yogurt, just can't handle the milk. I do enjoy soy milk, so that is wonderful. I can now have cereal for breakfast, a first.:D

Our granddaughter is the same....she can eat ice cream and cheese in moderation with no problem, but the milk gets her every time.

Archived