Canyon Ste. Anne outside Quebec

Is there an easy way to be transported from Quebec out to Canyon Ste. Anne and then back after some time there? I see a shore excursion that includes it but that excursion doesn't appear to be offered to our trip. Someone suggested a taxitour or whatever but that's either a whole or half day with other stops and I just want to go to the Canyon again. Thanks for suggestions!

I am, at the moment, staying at a timeshare, just round the corner from the Canyon Ste. Anne. It is about 25 miles from Quebec City & would be difficult to reach by public transport (involving bus & taxi). Other than hiring a car & driver, I think that the only reasonable way to get there would be to rent a car for the day.

Although Canyon Ste. Anne sounds interesting, the Montmorency Falls are closer to Quebec City & easier to get to. Although different, they are probably even more spectacular. We had a great day this week, touring the Ile d'Orleans (which is very picturesque) & visiting the Montmorency Falls (which are quite spectacular).

The Montmorency Falls cost us $10 for parking. It is another $8 each if you take the cable car up (we walked). The Canyon Ste. Anne costs $10 each for entry. We have seen many waterfalls & canyons, so I hesitate to pay $20 for this one. I am sure that it is very nice, but from seeing it from afar & viewing the brochure, I think that we will give this one a miss. Limited time & a poor weather forecast also play into this decision.

If you have a burning reason to visit Canyon Ste. Anne, then you might be best to rent a car. Otherwise I would suggest visiting Montmorency Falls &/or Ile d'Orleans.

If you have not actually visited Canyon Ste Anne, you are missing out on a gorgeous attraction. While there, we saw rainbows at every turn and paths along the rapids allow for maximal viewing options. The brochure doesn't do it justice. PS...We also spent quite some time at the Montmorency Falls (climbed to the top etc.) but enjoyed Ste Anne MUCH more.

I agree with bcscot about public transportation. The canyon is about 35- 45 minutes from old town and the visit take about 1 hour. Take a tour (taxi coop) or rent a car. I have to say that there are not much else to do in that part of the town. The canyon is beautiful.

if you rent a car, you could also make a visit to Ile d'Orleans because of it old charm and see Montmorency waterfall at the same time because you will pass in front of it going to the Canyon.

Archived