Trip to Jost Van Dyke~ How do I get there...

loan_girl

We want to head over to Jost Van Dyke. We will be there October 14th 7am to 3:30. What's the best way to get there?

Thanks for any advice...

We haven't used them yet but from what I've heard on these forums that these guys are the best. I have a trip booked for Jost on Nov. 8th. through them. They are the providers for NCL to the Baths @ Virgin Gorda but cheaper if you book straight from them. We will be going to Jost Van Dyke to White Bay, soggy dollar etc. They will take you there direct and have you back in plenty of time before the ship sails they plan the trips around the ships time in port. It seemed easier & cheaper than taking a taxi then a ferry then another taxi to get from Totola to Jost Van Dyke.

We haven't used them yet but from what I've heard on these forums that these guys are the best. I have a trip booked for Jost on Nov. 8th. through them. They are the providers for NCL to the Baths @ Virgin Gorda but cheaper if you book straight from them. We will be going to Jost Van Dyke to White Bay, soggy dollar etc. They will take you there direct and have you back in plenty of time before the ship sails they plan the trips around the ships time in port. It seemed easier & cheaper than taking a taxi then a ferry then another taxi to get from Totola to Jost Van Dyke.

Sorry Seahunter.. I don't see an attachement. What is the tour company?

Hi Loan_Girl,

We are new to Cruise Critic. We are sailing on the 10/9 Freedom Trip and I also wanted to go to Jost Van Dyke. I heard that the best tour is with Tortola Charters. I contacted them and they told me that they are only going to Virgin Gorda on 10/14. The cost would be $55 per person. It is $80 with Carnival. Hopefully Seahunters 2000 is referring to a tour service other that Tortola Charters.

Hi Seahunters... We are going to end up doing the private charter "Kuralu". I really wanted to get to Jost Van Dyke. Otherwise would have mentioned your name for sure!

Welcome Goldburg! Looks like we'll be on the same sailing. I called Tortolla Charters and they said they weren't going to Jost so I called Kuralu and they are going. Are you on the roll call? Hope you have a great cruise... So Excited!

http://www.kuralu.com/

is their website. It's $110 per person.

Super excited...

As far as Roll Call goes' go to Carnival, then Freedom, then look for our date if you are interestd in meeting up. We don't usually just cause we're always chasing kids around but might be fun.. Hoping for good weather... Fingers Crossed!

We want to head over to Jost Van Dyke. We will be there October 14th 7am to 3:30. What's the best way to get there?

Thanks for any advice...

I found out why Tortola Charters is not going to Jost on Oct. 14th. They have a mandatory BVI Coastguard inspection of the boat that day. Sorry about your luck, the only day of the year they are not going to Jost is on your port day to Tortola. It is good to know that they are keeping things safe for the passengers.

• 2 weeks later...
loan_girl When you book this tour PLEASE mention my name as your referal so that I can get an extra free drink when I go.:D

Have Fun & Much Thanks, Eric von Winckler

Hi Eric, We are going on Freedom Dec 4 and was looking at kuralu and just saw this and how good the price is. If we go with this charter, I will mention your name :o)

Hi Eric, We are going on Freedom Dec 4 and was looking at kuralu and just saw this and how good the price is. If we go with this charter, I will mention your name :o)

It's only $55 p/p they leave right from the cruise ship dock area. I think the cruise ships charge $79 for the same trip. Here is the website to book:

http://tortolacharters.com/excursions/jost-van-dyke-tours/

We will be in Tortola in Feb during Feb vacation, so there will be hundreds of kids on our ship and any other ship that will be in port, and I too would really like to go to Jost. The thing is we will be with our 2 daughters (age 6 and 2). I'm sure we wouldn't be the only ones bringing children, but honest opinions, do you think it would be appropriate? We aren't big drinkers but would enjoy a famous "Painkiller" so the drinking thing with kids isn't what I am asking, do you think my children during this busy time would be the only ones there?

Archived