Is there a kid 'limit'?

cruisin'momof6

We have 6 kids. Probably only 4 would be cruising with us next year. Either way.....is there any cruise lines that have space for all of us in one room? If not.....how much MORE are adjoining rooms? I'd love love love to take them on a cruise, but don't want to spend a gazillion dollars to do so.

Thanks!

There are very few rooms that can hold 5 people. They count each child as a person, so you can't just stuff everyone into one room because they're small.

It will depend on the line, the itinerary, and time of year to see how much it will cost for 2 rooms. I'd recommend you consult a travel agent if you are interested in pricing rooms for 5 because generally those prices are not available online.

NCL has cabins for 6, but they are big $. It can be cheaper to get two cabins, but you might have to downgrade the category. The plus there is two bathrooms. It also depends on the ages of your kids. HAL was running a special for the third and fourth person for free. MCS also has a kids sail free promotion.

RCI has quite a few cabins that will sleep 6. They are called "family" cabins. You or your TA will have to call RCI directly as the family cabins don't appear on the website unless it is close to the sail date and families of 5 or 6 haven't booked them.

How old are they? Two rooms, one with a balcony and an inside across the hall, is not badly priced. One adult in each room- fill the inside room with the as many as it will take (4?) to keep cost down. Even if parents sleep in separate rooms- you aren't going to have any privacy with all of you in a room anyway. And if the kids are old enough to trust in a room across the hall- there you go. The other obvious would be adjoining rooms if the kids are young and keep the door open.

When we cruise with all 4 kids, we book 2 inside cabins and use the extra money saved towards excursions. Our older boys are teens and old enough to be in their own room next door to us. I do have a key to their room which they know I can check on them at any time. Sometimes it's hard to get connecting rooms if you book an older ship or not too far ahead of time.

In a few years, when we are wealthy (ie, no debt and can afford to pay cash for vacations, and our kids' college funds are being funded and our retirement is being well-funded--in our plan, supposing nothing changes, will be 3-4 years--will be deluxe suites that we can fit everyone in (we have 3 kids). But, I'm not opposed to 2 connecting cabins.

Dream: the 3 bedroom deluxe suite cabin.

Reality: perusing cruise sites. "Next year when we are rich"

We have 6 kids. Probably only 4 would be cruising with us next year. Either way.....is there any cruise lines that have space for all of us in one room? If not.....how much MORE are adjoining rooms? I'd love love love to take them on a cruise' date=' but don't want to spend a gazillion dollars to do so.

Thanks![/quote']

Try MSC cruises, an italian cruise company. They only have brand new ships, and KIDS TRAVEL FREE!!!! Always. For example, we are cruising on the Eastern Mediterranean and the Middle East for 12 days, and my son (3 years old) only had to pay $45 USDollars in taxes and fees.

Right now, they have a special for the Caribbean, where 2 people book a cruise at a regular price and 2 kids are free. Then, passengers on an adjoining room pay only 50% of the cost, and another 2 kids are free!!!

They sail mostly in north Europe and the Mediterranean. However, they also sail from New York to Canada and New England. In the summer, they also sail the Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale, FL. Try their website or call them at 1 (877) 665-4665 and ask for the Caribbean special for 50% off.

http://www.msccruisesusa.com

I hope this helps.

We have 6 kids. Probably only 4 would be cruising with us next year. Either way.....is there any cruise lines that have space for all of us in one room? If not.....how much MORE are adjoining rooms? I'd love love love to take them on a cruise' date=' but don't want to spend a gazillion dollars to do so.

Thanks![/quote']

An adjoining room cost the same as an other room in the same category. I cruised with a family that put eight people in two adjoining cabins. At the same time I was in a cabin with six (five others). The cabin I was in could sleep eight.

Disney and some Carnival ships have cabins that sleep five.

Royal Caribbean has family cabins that sleep six, eight and fourteen. However, the cabins that sleep eight and fourteen are suites that are expensive.

NCL has some very expensive suites that sleep six.

Off the top of my head, those are the ones I know about. The least expensive way to sleep six, seven or eight is two separate cabins. They can be, but do not have to be, adjoining cabins. That fact that the cabins are adjoining will not add to the cost.

Here is a cabin set up to sleep four ...

7371.jpg

Here is another one ...

2ndbedrm-MS.jpg

Archived