San Juan's Caribe Hilton????

jaydee

It looks great in pictures on their web site, but how good is it really?

I would like your opinions on this hotel, also if you think there are ones that are better.

We are starting to plan for our March 2006 cruise on AOS and want to arrive in San Juan a couple days early.

A low price is nice and I hope for that, but what I am really looking for here is your honest opinion of this hotel as far as how it was besides what you paid to say there. Like; how clean it was, good beach, nice rooms, is it a modern hotel, good restaurants, is the location good, does it have a lot of activities and so on...

We are considering this hotel first but would not be opposed to others if they are better. We do want to stay in a hotel with a beach and stay in San Juan itself near Old San Juan. This, I know will narrow the field of hotels.

Thank You.

We stayed there last year. Our room was nice, as was the hotel. The restaurants were fine, but seemed a bit expensive (although I don't have any other hotel in San Juan to compare it to). The beach and pool were nice. It is supposed to be where the pina colada was invented so we drank a few and they were great. The taxi ride to the forts (is that Old San Juan?) was not that long. I would stay there again.

It looks great in pictures on their web site, but how good is it really?

A low price is nice and I hope for that, but what I am really looking for here is your honest opinion of this hotel as far as how it was besides what you paid to say there. Like; how clean it was, good beach, nice rooms, is it a modern hotel, good restaurants, is the location good, does it have a lot of activities and so on...

Thank You.

The hotel is very nice and has expansive grounds with peacocks strutting about. You won't find anything else in San Juan that is comparable.

Regular prices for the Caribe are very high. Beware of low prices that you may obtain through companies such as Priceline. I used Priceline and got a rate under $100. When I got to the hotel they told me they had no rooms available because some people had failed to check out and they wanted to put me in another hotel about 45 minutes away in Dorado. While they were telling me this they were clearly checking in other guests that were arriving. It seems that they were giving me the runaround since I had gotten such a low rate on Priceline. After I stood my ground they finally gave me a room. The hotel as I said is very nice, modern, etc, but everything is very expensive. The down side to the location is that it is separated from the rest of the Condado (tourist) section by a lagoon and for safety reasons you would not want to walk around the lagoon at night. Overall though, the Caribe is one of the top hotels.

I just stayed a couple weeks ago. The room we had was very basic. It was clean and the staff was very nice. The pool area and outside grounds are very nice. They have live music in the lobby bar at night, but we found it REALLY loud, too loud to hold any type of conversation. However, I did like the music. A few expensive shops around the hotel area and a small liquor store across the street. As superjerry mentioned, it is separate from Condado area restaurants and shops, so you would need to take a cab. Personally, I would not pay more than $150 a night, and I would try to get in early enough to enjoy the pool area.

We stayed there two weeks ago.

the price is high if you are just spending the night pre cruise.

Our room was very nice ( biggest bathroom I have ever been in)

King size bed, iron and ironing board. Shower room, bathtub, seperate toilet area. small balcony

with the pre cruise pkg you get free breakfast and drink credit for bar.

There are 4 places to eat - all high priced. The free breakfast nornal price is $20. per person but includes champagne.

Beautiful pools, grounds, beach. we enjoyed laying in the hammocks.

Make sure to get some bread to fee the fish off the dock

I would have liked to stay there longer so as to use the pool.

Check out is 11 and the bus picks you up at 1 to take you to the ship.

Archived