Grocery Store? Local restaurants

SuiteRose

Hello, friends of mine will be in Nassau for a week in January. They are staying in a condo near Atlantis. She wants to know if there is a grocery store nearby so that she can buy a few things for her two boys (snacks, lunches, etc.).

Also, do you know any restaurants that are not the usual "tourist traps" where they can take their two young boys. Thanks, (I hope this is an appropriate question since they wont be on a cruise! Sorry if it is not)

Hello, friends of mine will be in Nassau for a week in January. They are staying in a condo near Atlantis. She wants to know if there is a grocery store nearby so that she can buy a few things for her two boys (snacks, lunches, etc.).

Also, do you know any restaurants that are not the usual "tourist traps" where they can take their two young boys. Thanks, (I hope this is an appropriate question since they wont be on a cruise! Sorry if it is not)

It's wise to bring some packable snaks if you have room and are staying at at condo. Snaks are VERY expensive in the bahamas. Pack granola bars, peanut butter, pringles, cookies etc from home.

There is a small grocer on paradise isalnd with limited, and expensive items. But most people go into Nassau to buy groceries for the week. (eggs, bread, milk etc.) Either stop on the way to the condos from the airport (the cabbie will charge an additional $15 or $20 for the stop). Or take a cab over the bridge when you get there.

As for lunch etc. Violas at Sunrise Villas serves lunch, there's a quizno's in the small shopping center across from Marina Village. Anthony's grill has a variety, and Green Parrot at Hurricane Hole has a decent menu as well and serves families during the day. (www.greenparrotbar.com).

Dominos delivers pizza, and there also double dragon chinese that delivers from over the bridge.

Downtown you'll find all the same fast food as back home. Burger kings, wendys, kfc and McDonalds. Even starbucks and dunkin donuts.

Local diners, cafe and takeaways are also availabe such as cafe skans, imperial takeaway etc.. they are relatively inexpensive and located on or near the wharf where the ferries drop you off. Even the pirates museum has a nice burger the kids would enjoy.

It's wise to bring some packable snaks if you have room and are staying at at condo. Snaks are VERY expensive in the bahamas. Pack granola bars, peanut butter, pringles, cookies etc from home.

There is a small grocer on paradise isalnd with limited, and expensive items. But most people go into Nassau to buy groceries for the week. (eggs, bread, milk etc.) Either stop on the way to the condos from the airport (the cabbie will charge an additional $15 or $20 for the stop). Or take a cab over the bridge when you get there.

As for lunch etc. Violas at Sunrise Villas serves lunch, there's a quizno's in the small shopping center across from Marina Village. Anthony's grill has a variety, and Green Parrot at Hurricane Hole has a decent menu as well and serves families during the day. (www.greenparrotbar.com).

Dominos delivers pizza, and there also double dragon chinese that delivers from over the bridge.

Downtown you'll find all the same fast food as back home. Burger kings, wendys, kfc and McDonalds. Even starbucks and dunkin donuts.

Local diners, cafe and takeaways are also availabe such as cafe skans, imperial takeaway etc.. they are relatively inexpensive and located on or near the wharf where the ferries drop you off. Even the pirates museum has a nice burger the kids would enjoy.

Thank you very much!!! I'll pass on this information to her!

We also always pack individual milk cartons that you can buy that is not refridgerated yet in our suitcase. And you can find Turkey and regular non fridgerated pepperoni & Bacon in the store to take.

I don't know if it is still there but our family went to Carmines which serves family size portions at Atlantis. And Johnny Rockets.

Archived