E-Cig onboard

I've been smoke free for quite a while now. There is a company right here in Vermont that makes their own e-liquid. None of that crappy Chinese stuff. Who knows whats in that. The liquid I vape consists of filtered water, vegetable glycerin (not that propyl....stuff which is petroleum based), citric acid as a preservative, nicotine and the best flavors! I know exactly where it is made and the person that makes it. You should try their site...vtvapor dot com. I bought my Ego e-cig from them. The battery lasts me almost 24 hours before it needs charging and it's manual. It's also pink! I love it.

I have been using an ecig for almost two years. Haven't had one real cig since. I agree with another poster....I have only ever had it mistaken for a pen.

In the two years I've been using it, I have only be questioned twice by someone who would normally tell me to take it elsewhere. I refer to it as a "nicotine inhaler" to quit smoking. In essence, it is no different from chewing nicorette or using the nicorette inhaler. Just has the appearance and inhalation feel of smoking. I have never been banned from using it. I normally just get people asking where to get one and how cool it is. It is always on me, I never am without it. Too scared I'll start smoking again if it's not lol

It will get packed along with a few bottles of nicotine, several extra batteries and two chargers when I go on the Glory in May.

I've been smoke free for quite a while now. There is a company right here in Vermont that makes their own e-liquid. None of that crappy Chinese stuff. Who knows whats in that. The liquid I vape consists of filtered water, vegetable glycerin (not that propyl....stuff which is petroleum based), citric acid as a preservative, nicotine and the best flavors! I know exactly where it is made and the person that makes it. You should try their site...vtvapor dot com. I bought my Ego e-cig from them. The battery lasts me almost 24 hours before it needs charging and it's manual. It's also pink! I love it.

woohoo .. gotta love that pink! I only buy from the USA too, I have a man who makes mine in California and uses good ingredients too, although I do have him add some propyl... stuff to mine, along with the vegetable glycerin. There are lots and lots of people right here in the USA who make wonderful juices, I'm always open to trying a new one. I did just go to the vtvapor website but it says it's down for maintenance, I plan to check it later.

woohoo .. gotta love that pink! I only buy from the USA too, I have a man who makes mine in California and uses good ingredients too, although I do have him add some propyl... stuff to mine, along with the vegetable glycerin. There are lots and lots of people right here in the USA who make wonderful juices, I'm always open to trying a new one. I did just go to the vtvapor website but it says it's down for maintenance, I plan to check it later.

I stopped in there today and yes, he is upgrading the site. Should be back up later tonight. They even have a Maple flavor juice, in the spirit of Vermont!

Me too, I'll check later as well. I actually just ordered some Minty Menthol from ecigexpress dot com this afternoon and rec'd a confirmation that it's shipped already. I've always bought my liquid from China (Dekang - which is supposed to be highly regulated) but somehow feel a little better if it's made in North America.

Me too, I'll check later as well. I actually just ordered some Minty Menthol from ecigexpress dot com this afternoon and rec'd a confirmation that it's shipped already. I've always bought my liquid from China (Dekang - which is supposed to be highly regulated) but somehow feel a little better if it's made in North America.

Actually a friend of mine who did go to China and toured one of the factories told me they have very stringent sanitation regulations in their e-liquid factory, the workers have to wear caps on their heads to cover their hair, they wear white uniforms that are provided by the company and laundered everyday, they have to all wear plastic gloves and their health inspectors inspect the plants for sanitation on a regular basis. On the other hand, my juice guy in the USA isnt regulated by anyone, he and his employees wear jeans to work, nothing on their heads .. but he makes yummy eliquid that I love LOL. My sister only likes to vape the Chinese liquids and she's never had a problem in the 7 months she's been vaping.

I have a question or two for those of you that have been vaping for a while.

I started a month ago and purchased a battery/cart ecig on the recommendation of a friend but I am not really thrilled with it especially since I have done a bunch more research and read all the posts you all have written. I want to start adding my own juice to carts and I know that I will need a manual battery or an atomizer system but after looking and looking for days I am soooooo confused to exactly which system. :eek:

Can some of you tell me which you prefer and why?

I have been looking at the KR808D-1 or the EGO. I just want to make the right choice.

Thanks in advance.

Can some of you tell me which you prefer and why?

I have been looking at the KR808D-1 or the EGO. I just want to make the right choice.

Hi Sallie .. the KR808D-1 is a 2-part system .. part #1 is the battery, part #2 is a "cartomizer". A cartomizer is a coimbo of an atomizer and a cartridge for the juice. So when you have a cartomizer you have both in one. You can buy the cartomizers empty, none as "blanks" and you fill it up with your own juice .. very easy to do and no worry about fooling around with a separate atomizer.

In the beginning the Ego was only available as a 3-part system .. part #1 was the battery, part #2 was a separate atomizer and part #3 was the cartridge where you put the juice and then it dripped down onto the atomizer. But now they do make cartomizers for the Ego .. so you can turn an Ego into a 2 part system now.

The KR808D-1 is smaller, in diameter it is about the size of a real cigarette. The Ego is much thicker, closer to the size of a cigar. The battery life on the Ego is huge, the battery life on the KR808 is good but only a out 1/3 the life of an Ego battery. The Ego costs more than the KR808, but not all that much more.

Those who use the Ego's swear by them .. and likewise for those who use the KR808D-1.

Either way you cant go wrong because those are both excellent PV's (that's short for personal vaporizer).

When I am traveling I only use my KR808 because it is smaller. At home I use mods (mods are made by tecchie guys in the USA and some of them are boxes, etc). But I dont travel with my mods because some of are as big as and look like a pipe bomb .. ROTFLOL.

Thanks so much for responding. I believe I will go with the KR808D-1 simply because it will be easier to carry and travel with. I can hardly wait to order it and some terrific tasting juice. I haven't had a real cig in a month and I am thrilled. :)

Thanks again.

Hi Sallie .. the KR808D-1 is a 2-part system .. part #1 is the battery, part #2 is a "cartomizer". A cartomizer is a coimbo of an atomizer and a cartridge for the juice. So when you have a cartomizer you have both in one. You can buy the cartomizers empty, none as "blanks" and you fill it up with your own juice .. very easy to do and no worry about fooling around with a separate atomizer.

In the beginning the Ego was only available as a 3-part system .. part #1 was the battery, part #2 was a separate atomizer and part #3 was the cartridge where you put the juice and then it dripped down onto the atomizer. But now they do make cartomizers for the Ego .. so you can turn an Ego into a 2 part system now.

The KR808D-1 is smaller, in diameter it is about the size of a real cigarette. The Ego is much thicker, closer to the size of a cigar. The battery life on the Ego is huge, the battery life on the KR808 is good but only a out 1/3 the life of an Ego battery. The Ego costs more than the KR808, but not all that much more.

Those who use the Ego's swear by them .. and likewise for those who use the KR808D-1.

Either way you cant go wrong because those are both excellent PV's (that's short for personal vaporizer).

When I am traveling I only use my KR808 because it is smaller. At home I use mods (mods are made by tecchie guys in the USA and some of them are boxes, etc). But I dont travel with my mods because some of are as big as and look like a pipe bomb .. ROTFLOL.

Congrats! Where did you order it all from? Please come back & tell us how everything was.

I jumped in with both feet today. a huge starter kit, a bunch of various flavored cartos, some empty ones, 2 30 ml juices and a juice sampler. All from the USA...all I can say is MAILMAN HURRY UP! :D

Very intriguing thread! I ordered a kit and am expecting it any day. Hoping to be smoke free before we sail in 12 days!!

Remember ... a fully charged battery is the key (according to my sister)...

CONGRATS!!!

Btw, I have also read they make CIGARS...of course I do not know if they are a good as the E Cigs...

Congrats! Where did you order it all from? Please come back & tell us how everything was.

I ordered the manual ultimate starter kit from Vapor4Life and decided on an extra (extral long) battery. I also ordered cartos, some juice and blank cartos from them.

A little later I ran across Johnson Creek Smoke Juice and ordered a sampler and another larger bottle....

Today I was going to order a Joye 510 (I originally ordered a KR808D-1) and juice from another vendor, but decided I better wait until I even see if I like vaping :D

That's my problem. I want all the flavors and all the toys. I am just that way in everything :D

Hold off on the 510, I think you will like the KR8 much better. I sure do, tobacco free for over 18 months. Get some great juice and blank cartos, much better then the pre-filled. For juice I would recommend Vermont Vapor or Tasty Vapor .us.

I am glad this thread came back.......more new vapers and less smoke on the ship.

Hold off on the 510, I think you will like the KR8 much better. I sure do, tobacco free for over 18 months. Get some great juice and blank cartos, much better then the pre-filled. For juice I would recommend Vermont Vapor or Tasty Vapor .us.

I am glad this thread came back.......more new vapers and less smoke on the ship.

The 510 is what my sister uses and while she is pleased with the results...I will forward your recommendation to her.

Thanks...

I think that I will enjoy it. Besides, the main draw of the KR808D-1 was that I could use the 901 stuff if I wanted to get away from the cartomizers.

I saw Vermont Vapors yesterday, will definitely go back. I also saw Tasty Vapors...oh my I guess I need to go shop some more now :D

Remember ... a fully charged battery is the key (according to my sister)...

CONGRATS!!!

Btw, I have also read they make CIGARS...of course I do not know if they are a good as the E Cigs...

From what I've seen of the cigar, I wasn't impressed. There is a great looking e-pipe, tho'

I totally agree! I have both the KR808 and the Joye 510. I never use the 510 because it isnt as powerful as the KR808, doesnt produce as much vapor as the KR808, the batteries on the 510 dont last as long, the vape from the 510 always seems weak, whereas the vape from the KR808 is always great,

As for juice, I also recommend Tasty Vapor. I tried so many different juices from so many different vendors before I discovered and tried Tasty Vapor 6 months ago. Since then it is all I vape. 99% of Tasty Vapor's juices are incredible plus you can buy his zero nicotine "doublers" and mix those with his nicotine liquid to cut it down to a lesser mg strength, or if you dont want any nicotine at all you can use just the doublers which have the flavorings but no nicotine in them. I usualy buy a 1 oz bottle of the flavored nicotine liquid and a 4 oz bottle of the zero nicotine doubler .. I mix those all together and end up with 9mg in nicotine strength. That combo then makes 5 oz of liquid which equals 150 ml and costs about $30. An average person vapes about 2 ml a day .. I am a chain-vaper and I vape 4-5 ml a day. That one combo lasts me for 30-35 days.

I love my Ego. It gives you a great hit and the battery lasts for hours and hours. I can go a day without charging, but it depends on how much you use it, of course. I have about 5 - 510's, which is what I started with and still use them once in a while.

Since I live in Vermont, I support vtvapor, but I have ordered liquid from Johnsons Creek and vtvapor is much better. The flavors are awesome...Love my Mocha and Strawberry Mango!

I am smoke free for a little over 2 years now. I used Morphine while recovering from Major Throat (cancer) Surgery to help kick the addiction. All kidding aside, I see no reason why someone should not be able to use the Electronic Device any where they want with out someone complaining. There is NO smoke.

Archived