The Upsell Fairy called me today !

Ykgorbie

Ok, here's the scoop. Leaving in :) three more sleeps :) to begin our holidays. We board the Freedom in Fort Lauderdale this coming Sunday for a 6 day Western Caribbean cruise, in cabin # 7439. The Upsell Fairy calls today saying we can have a Penthouse Suite, cabin # 7312 for $ 390.00 more per person. I think that is a really good offer, but decided to decline as 1) I'm sure my hubby and I could put the almost $800 to better use

2) this is the first of a B2B cruise and the cabin we're moving to is just around the corner from where we're booked now (#7446)

Not what everybody would have done, I know, but just thought I'd share....seems they really DO come along with some great upsells !

Ok, here's the scoop. Leaving in :) three more sleeps :) to begin our holidays. We board the Freedom in Fort Lauderdale this coming Sunday for a 6 day Western Caribbean cruise, in cabin # 7439. The Upsell Fairy calls today saying we can have a Penthouse Suite, cabin # 7312 for $ 390.00 more per person. I think that is a really good offer, but decided to decline as 1) I'm sure my hubby and I could put the almost $800 to better use

2) this is the first of a B2B cruise and the cabin we're moving to is just around the corner from where we're booked now (#7446)

Not what everybody would have done, I know, but just thought I'd share....seems they really DO come along with some great upsells !

Too bad you couldn't have counter offered say 250.00 more per person. That would have been a good deal.

Have a great cruise!

Diane

Enjoy your cruse...you do have to take what you can do with the money into consideration. We just took the owners suite for our Sensation cruise next week but it was only 700 for the 4 of us....on top of that, it is out 19th Anniversary. We decided to go for it! I did counter offer but they didn't want to negotiate...I did try!

While it is a great wow moment when you would walk into that suite, I am the type of cruiser that does not spend a heck of a lot of time in my room. I could have paid for a whole bunch of great experiences with that money. I would have declined as well.

The fairy has been calling us, too, for our Freedom cruise. But we've got an aft wrap booked. No way I'm giving that sucker up unless they want to pay ME to move to the suite and give me spending money.:D

I must be one of the weird ones, but I love spending time on our balcony and I nap daily in our cabin. I can't wait to get on that balcony.

Were they offering the upgrade for the B2B or were you going to have to move?

Just curious.

It was just for the 1st (6 day Western) cruise, so we would have had further to move to our Aft which is booked for the second cruise.

Archived