Class of cruisers from NYC

valtandc

Watch a Jets game. Take a look in the stands. Thats what you can look forward to.

To OP: I'm from Jersey. I sail from N.Y. I'm a Sport, not a Stiff. I take care of the porters, the waiters,the bartenders, the room stewart, the Maitre' de, the Spa staff, the staff of the Specialty resturants. i wait my turn to board the ship, understand that they can cook only a couple of omelettes at one time, realize that there is enough bacon for everybody. I don't let a line at dining venues bother me. When I vacation, I have a blast. My wife and I always request a 6 top in the dining room, and always make friends with some or all. When I leave a ship, there are people that will never forget me. I feel the same about some of them. Some people have class, I know I do. I'm certain you would enjoy my company. I hope to think the same about you. I'm a Jet fan. I enjoy my Club seats in the newest Stadium in the NFL and the comraderie in my club at the games. I also know that eluchio24 can only wish he could be where I've been.

New York cruisers are gregarious, full of life folks. In big cities people are more assertive. Chicagoans are also assertive and vocal. I find phony politeness annoying too, especially when a polite person says someone else is low class. That is judgemental so their politeness is a farce. I guess how other people behave doesn't really affect me much. If someone can afford to go on a cruise then they have every right to be there.

New York cruisers are gregarious, full of life folks. In big cities people are more assertive. Chicagoans are also assertive and vocal. I find phony politeness annoying too, especially when a polite person says someone else is low class. That is judgemental so their politeness is a farce. I guess how other people behave doesn't really affect me much. If someone can afford to go on a cruise then they have every right to be there.

Bless your heart! :D

Actually, I have found the passenger makeup of the cruisers from NY to be classier. Especially those to Bermuda.

But I also believe cost plays a factor.

There is a premium to sail out of NY.

But there was one cruise I ended up being on, that apparently was not selling well, and the fares were considerably cheaper (who really wants to cruise to Florida and the Bahamas in July).

I encountered some of the rudest, mannerless, and yes, classless people ever, anywhere.

And yes, they reminded me of the low class end of the tail gaters.

Do you know how many people fly into NYC to leave from this port.

Same with florida ports etc..

We're just lucky enough to live across the hudson river so we don't have to fly.

Class of people has nothing to do with what port they leave from .

I see lots of smiling faces and laughing people in any port. We're leaving on a cruise so I'd say all classes of people are happy :)

"Thanks, but I'll take the brash New Yorker any day of the week "

You are sweet!

I am a NYer and taking my first cruise out of Manhattan next summer. I have also heard comments of the "clientele" not from CC. Perhaps we are a loud bunch - my cruising group of 38 will prob be put into that category - but when you live in such close quarters in such a small amount of land, you tend to make your voice known. We work hard long hours to be able to afford to live here (it's home!) and play just as hard. Look beyond the LOUD and you will find a hard working, loving and quite genuine people! As said by others, you will find jerks everywhere. You will never find a more tell-it-like-it-is group as you will here in the NYC area, but you gotta love our hearts! ;)

To OP: I'm from Jersey. I sail from N.Y. I'm a Sport, not a Stiff. I take care of the porters, the waiters,the bartenders, the room stewart, the Maitre' de, the Spa staff, the staff of the Specialty resturants. i wait my turn to board the ship, understand that they can cook only a couple of omelettes at one time, realize that there is enough bacon for everybody. I don't let a line at dining venues bother me. When I vacation, I have a blast. My wife and I always request a 6 top in the dining room, and always make friends with some or all. When I leave a ship, there are people that will never forget me. I feel the same about some of them. Some people have class, I know I do. I'm certain you would enjoy my company. I hope to think the same about you. I'm a Jet fan. I enjoy my Club seats in the newest Stadium in the NFL and the comraderie in my club at the games. I also know that eluchio24 can only wish he could be where I've been.

Joge - I like you already!

You're right, I do wish I could be where you've been. How is Pompoustown lately? I hear it's beautiful in the autumn......

"Thanks, but I'll take the brash New Yorker any day of the week "

You are sweet!

I am a NYer and taking my first cruise out of Manhattan next summer. I have also heard comments of the "clientele" not from CC. Perhaps we are a loud bunch - my cruising group of 38 will prob be put into that category - but when you live in such close quarters in such a small amount of land, you tend to make your voice known. We work hard long hours to be able to afford to live here (it's home!) and play just as hard. Look beyond the LOUD and you will find a hard working, loving and quite genuine people! As said by others, you will find jerks everywhere. You will never find a more tell-it-like-it-is group as you will here in the NYC area, but you gotta love our hearts! ;)

I want to hang with your group. which date are you sailing?

Archived