When to Find Best Last Minute Deals

Mark

I have the week of May 23 off from work and was thinking of booking a last minute cruise to save a lot of money by basically cruising standby and not being particular about the ship or cabin. When should I start surfing the internet for true last minute deals for the week of May 23? I have heard that there is a point in time when cruise linse will deeply slash prices on unsold cabins or on cancellations just to sail 100% occupied...

Good Luck in you search. The cruise industry has changed so much and last minute bargains are harder to find. Ships are selling out much earlier than they used to. If you are truly flexible as you say and will accept any ship or cabin cat., you should probably speak to a local TA. If not do a google search for discounted online cruise agencies. :)

The cruise industry has become completely wacko recently, and they are actually hiking prices way up the closer you get to a departure of a cruise. We booked a Celebrity cruise, and now that it's getting closer to when our cruise leaves, the prices have gone UP in price, with some cabins going for more than $800 from what we paid. There just doesn't seem to be much in the way of last minute deals anymore, and there's no more booking cruises at the last minute either, as cruise lines have to submit a passenger manifest two days before a cruise leaves, which means you have to be booked no later than 4 days early.

Archived