Used to longer cruises, will the short ones be lame???

Littlegoo75

Hi all. I have only been on 7 day cruises on brand new ships before..... Since I also have the 12-day European cruise booked in October,and that is still so long to wait, I was thinking about doing a girl's get-away on a three day cruise to the Bahamas with some friends in May as a "just because" type of thing. I do not have any extra vacation time to spare, so it would have to be a 3 night cruise on the Fascination.

Being that I am used to the week long cruises, on the new ships, do you think I might be disappointed with the older ship on such a short cruise? I expect that it would be a very party-oriented crowd, and a lot younger that you would find on the week-long cruises. I am also aware that the older Carnival ships are a little "louder" in decor - which I think would be fun for a short cruise.

I would really like to hear from people who have sailed on both the 7-day, newer ships, as well as some short ones on old ships.

Thanks!!!! By the way, I have not yet turned 30 ( holding on to these last few months of my 20's!) so I will not be scared of the younger, party crowd.

Goo...let's face it, any cruise is a good one!!! I do think that when that third day arrives, your mind will be screaming..."IT's too soon to get off!!!!!!" :eek:

We did a 4 day one time (New Orleans to Cozumel) and I enjoyed the heckout of it, but it was a tease. But then again, I've had 7 day cruises that I thought were too short. :p

If you're taking a short cruise in between a couple long ones, I think you will thoroughly enjoy yourself!!

I'm thinking along the lines of Halos.

All my earlier cruises were 7-nighters. Now, I can't go for longer than 5 nights, which are fine with me (Holiday and Sensation - both older ships). That's just about the right length of time for a cruise, to me. I did take a 2-night CTN - but never again. 'Way too much trouble for such a short time.

However, for a quick girls-getaway, I think the 3-night Bahamas voyage would be great for y'all if you're driving - wouldn't want to fly anywhere for a little 3-nighter tho.;)

You might notice a small dip in food/service quality in comparision to a 7 day cruise.

I have read that about food qaulity and service...but I want to say that in my experience, that was not the case...we had absolutely fabulous food and the service was phenomenal on our 4 day....but that's all subjective anyway.

Go for it!!! Heck, any time spent off land is good!! :D :D

Yeah, I think the 7 days aren't long enough for me, so this would definately be a tease.....but with the big one coming up in October....it wouldn't be so bad. We would have to fly down for it though since we are all in D.C. but it's just a 2 hour flight, and I can find a cheap one.

I think it would be fun to try some of the older Carnival ships before they get sold to somebody else.

Archived