Anyone on River Countess in next month?

annenic

• 3 weeks later...
I look forward to hearing how your trip goes. We will be on the River Countess out of Bucharest in June 2011. Any tips when you return would be much appreciated.

Hi pvmistrel,

We are cruising up the Danube now - just back from our day in Vukovar and Osijek, Croatia which was an "included" tour and was absolutely sensational.

The weather has not been kind to us - it has been overcast since we started sailing with many days either just drizzling or raining. Everything else though is wonderful - the cabins, the food, the crew, the tours. Any questions, just ask and I will do my best to answer them for you.

A couple of concerns I had before we left were:

Local currency - we tried to get some of the local currencies before we left home but this was impossible. Uniworld guides point out the best currency exchange places at all tour stops so this is very easy.

Clothes to bring - this is always a huge discussion point. On this particular cruise most people change for dinner with some of the guys wearing jackets and the women in nice tops and trousers - no one is dressed too fancy, just in what aussies would call smart casual.

We are enjoying this cruise immensely!

Archived