Questions re: Millenium Wheel

lkmamom

As my husband discussed our upcoming cruise with a coworker yesterday,he told my husband that the Millenium is either closing or has closed. I just wondered if anyone else had heard this. Please forgive me if this has already been addressed:o Thanks! I hope that this is a rumor, we were looking forward to seeing it.

Linda

I heard a while back that it was originally intended to just run during the Millenium festival but it's been so popular that they figured they might as well just keep it open permanently. Maybe that's what the coworker was talking about?

As my husband discussed our upcoming cruise with a coworker yesterday,he told my husband that the Millenium is either closing or has closed.
No chance of it closing for good any time soon!

What your husband's co-worker was probably talking about was the annual maintenance shutdown. The London Eye (as it's more properly known) is usually shut for most of January every year for maintenance. Click on that link (its real official website, with respect to June Bug) for everything you need to know about it.

Archived