Formal Nights on 12 Day Caribbean

booklady26

I know that there's supposed to be 3 formal nights on a 12 day cruise, but is the second formal night really a formal night. On the last cruise I took which was supposed to have 3 formal nights, there was only the usual 2 formals, captain's night & farewell, and all others were smart casual. And that was on HAL, which I would have thought would be more formal in general.

I don't care one way or the other, but I just want to know what to pack. I don't want to bring 3 formal outfits for my husband & I if we're only going to need 2.

EAL - Thanks. It's been a while since I checked.

Loyal Royal - I also observe dress codes, but as I said, I've been on cruises where pre-cruise docs say one thing and it changes once you're onboard. I don't like to pack clothes I'm not going to need.

The web site says 12-night 2 formal*

The * denotes that on European Cruises the captain can schedule a 3rd formal night if he wishes.

Our 12-nt Caribbean in April had 2 formal nights.

Our 12 night Caribbean also had 3 formal nights. Actually, we had 4, because on New Years Eve there were marquis saying how tonight would also be a Formal evening. (we were docked in Antigua and they also had a marquis going out and one going in reminding/suggesting (whatever) that the evening would be Formal. So, we ended up with 4, but we had planned for them.

To the

OP: if the question is overpacking formal for DH, I know for my DH and DS it is jsut an extra shirt/vest/tie and really doesnt take up much more room packing. Also, cruiselines docs somewhere say how anything can be changed or altered- we have all heard about an altered itinerary for whatever reasons, well they can modify anything.

So, how many Formal night on my upcoming 14 night??

event.png

NJ Cruising! Find it on FBook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...7346449&ref=ts

Archived