Allure SUMMER FLORIDA resident rate 6/5/11...HEADS UP!!!

bajathree

Hey guys....a BIG heads up for the FLORIDA residents out there.....Royal just threw out a FL resident rate for the ALLURE 6/5/11 sailing....just in time and fully combinable with the WOW sale....NICE!!!

Not that great of a price...We got $979pp for a D8 balcony (the 9/04/11 Allure sailing) a while back.....enjoy your cruise....

We loved the Oasis (best ship ever)

Not that great of a price...We got $979pp for a D8 balcony (the 9/04/11 Allure sailing) a while back.....enjoy your cruise....

We loved the Oasis (best ship ever)

You are comparing apples to oranges....TIMING IS EVERYTHING...you should know that as a long time cruiser:) Sept is one of the (if not the most) slowest travel months of the year...right in the height of hurricane season and schools are back in session all over the country....in comparison this is a SUMMER sailing...in the midst of college/high school graduation time when schools in the south just let out....PRIME vacation time and THE highest priced time of the year next to Christmas/New Years

Thanks for the heads up Steve. And you are correct about summer beginning early here in Florida. This school year, grandson's school lets out May 25, 2011. June cruise prices can give you a case of sticker shock!

We will be sticking with the Oasis - same itinerary the week before but a d4 is running us $1269 (1st/2nd) and $699 (3rd/4th) for Oasis vs $1589 (1st/2nd) and a whopping $1149 :eek: (3rd/4th) for the Allure! No Florida resident discount on OV balconies for either - yet ;).

What is confusing is that the taxes/fees on the lower priced Oasis cruise are $25 MORE pp than the Allure for the same itinerary. I wonder why??? :confused:

marci22: Give your snow shovel to a neighbor and come on down :D! - DH and I are transplanted NYers and love it here.

crusinmama06: I don't have a beach in my backyard Michelle ... I have to drive 15 minutes to get to the nearest one! :p - Sorry, couldn't resist, my bad. :D

~ Judy

Hey guys....a BIG heads up for the FLORIDA residents out there.....Royal just threw out a FL resident rate for the ALLURE 6/5/11 sailing....just in time and fully combinable with the WOW sale....NICE!!!

Thanks man, but school is out on the 10th.

No bargain here, only hard to fill dates get wow discounts.

Florida is great but to get cheap cruises you need to be

retired so you can sail cheaper off-peak seasons (when schools are in).

Thanks for the heads up Steve. And you are correct about summer beginning early here in Florida. This school year, grandson's school lets out May 25, 2011. June cruise prices can give you a case of sticker shock!

We will be sticking with the Oasis - same itinerary the week before but a d4 is running us $1269 (1st/2nd) and $699 (3rd/4th) for Oasis vs $1589 (1st/2nd) and a whopping $1149 (3rd/4th) for the Allure! No Florida resident discount on OV balconies for either - yet .

What is confusing is that the taxes/fees on the lower priced Oasis cruise are $25 MORE pp than the Allure for the same itinerary. I wonder why??? :confused:

HHHmmmm....that is odd on the taxes/fees. I had also looked at that Oasis sailing but it's just a couple days early.....that sailing goes out prior to Memorial Day (still in May)....school here get's out right after....June 1st.

marci22: Give your snow shovel to a neighbor and come on down :D! - DH and I are transplanted NYers and love it here.

crusinmama06: I don't have a beach in my backyard Michelle ... I have to drive 15 minutes to get to the nearest one! :p - Sorry, couldn't resist, my bad. :D

~ Judy

Thanks man, but school is out on the 10th.

No bargain here, only hard to fill dates get wow discounts.

Florida is great but to get cheap cruises you need to be

retired so you can sail cheaper off-peak seasons (when schools are in).

Yep....seems like 2011 is all over the place within Fl for school vacations:rolleyes: Our spring break is mid March when some others are end of April. School for us let's out June 1st next year....so this sailing is just in time for us:)...and then like Judy posted.....their school lets out May 25th and others like yours doesn't finish till June 10th....so go figure....

Yep....seems like 2011 is all over the place within Fl for school vacations:rolleyes: Our spring break is mid March when some others are end of April. School for us let's out June 1st next year....so this sailing is just in time for us:)...and then like Judy posted.....their school lets out May 25th and others like (maxxedout2) doesn't finish till June 10th....so go figure....

For us, that is good news. Because summer is so expensive, our cruises have been during Thanksgiving or spring breaks and we have had over 1,000 children on board :eek:! Actually, I think it was closer to 1,200 and it might have been on the Independence. So hopefully on our Oasis cruise, the percentage of children to adults will be much lower.

I wonder, what is the highest amount of children the Oasis has had onboard so far?

~ Judy

Archived