Trains in Spain

lacrossemitch

Hello everyone,

I will be cruising out of Barcelona next june, and we are going to stay in a time share property a few days before the cruise leaves. My question is, has anyone ever taken the train from Barcelona to Salou? If so, was it hard to locate or arrange the travel? How long does it take to get from Barcelona to Salou? Any recommendations and advice is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I will be cruising out of Barcelona next june, and we are going to stay in a time share property a few days before the cruise leaves. My question is, has anyone ever taken the train from Barcelona to Salou? If so, was it hard to locate or arrange the travel? How long does it take to get from Barcelona to Salou? Any recommendations and advice is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Check here with Spanish Railways RENFE:

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

If you take high-speed trains you should better pre-book. These trains starts all in Sants station: a little more than 1 hour, 2nd stop...

You can also go on slower R-trains which needs about 1.20 hrs...

They also starts at Franca Station which is very close to the cruise terminal. So from here by taxi to the port would be very cheap.

Regards

HeinBloed

Thanks for the quick response! So would my TA be able to book tickets for the trains or is that something I have to do myself? Has anyone had their TA do this for them? Were there any issues that arose? Thanks!

If you book via an TA in the US you might get your tickets via Rail Europe (Sales agency for European Railways in the US) which is more expensive than domestic offers.

Domestic offers can be booked online:

https://w1.renfe.es/vol/index.do

Barcelona - Salou can be booked on this website.

Regards

HeinBloed

Regards

HeinBloed

Barcelona to Salou is regional commuter train. Takes 1.5 hrs. No need to book anything in advance; just buy a ticket from vending machine. They go often. Train goes from Sants station

Barcelona to Salou is regional commuter train. Takes 1.5 hrs. No need to book anything in advance; just buy a ticket from vending machine. They go often. Train goes from Sants station

Great thanks for the info. Do you know how far the Sants station is from the Barcelona airport?

We have done this journey but from Salou. Its a very easy journey with some nice views of the coast as you travel. If you visit this website and goto their message board (top rightish corner) they have plenty of extremely friendly people who will give you all the information you could ever need. Many actually live in Salou so its normally very up to date information.

They were invaluable to our 3 trips to Salou, don't be scared to ask any questions, unlike other boards they will not condemn you. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived