Port Adventura

lacrossemitch

We've been. It's fun; it's a huge Universal studios park; has different themes (Wild West, Polynesia, etc). Also has water park (separate admission). If you are coming from Barcelona take Salou bound train and get off at Port Aventura stop. Ride is slightly over 1 hr. Daily ticket is expensive (I think in 40-50 euro ballpark). Multi tickets (4/7/14 day) are much cheaper and are marketed to people staying in Salou area. Evening tickets (after 7pm) are also much cheaper; park is open pass midnight. In the summer park is packed with Spanish kids who get season passes; lineups for rides. It's possible to purchase fast line ticket bypassing the lines.

Web site is http://www.portaventura.es/ (you can choose English)

Thanks for the great information! Looking at their web site it certainly seems as though it would be quite the daunting task to do the whole park in one day. When you were there did you do a multiple day pass? Also, do you know how late the port aventura train stop has trains going back to salou? Thanks again for all the info!!!

Thanks for the great information! Looking at their web site it certainly seems as though it would be quite the daunting task to do the whole park in one day. When you were there did you do a multiple day pass? Also, do you know how late the port aventura train stop has trains going back to salou? Thanks again for all the info!!!

Last train to Salou is 10:19 pm. But you don't need it; local Plana buses go much later; stop at the park door; it's only 15-20 min to Salou. We stayed pass midnight and still caught a bus. We stayed in La Pineda (town next Salou) and went twice after dinner; cheaper and quoter.

I love the park, one of the nicest and most relaxing parks my family has been too. It caters for a diverse age range. It has the big thrill rides for those who like it fast or lots of very entertaining shows for those who just need a break or just prefer the slow pace.

I would suggest always purchasing the tickets before you go. Here is a website we found invaluable for planning the 3 trips we have had to Salou in the past. They are all very friendly on there and lots live in town so have up to date information. (the first page is somewhat hectic, the message board link is top right ish)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived