LAX to port for RCCL Monarch

Becky74

Hi , I agree, check with Super shuttle. Also keep in mind you need to get your luggage from baggage pick up , and that can take a little while , and when you are at LAX , Patience , Patience, Patience. It can be a zoo. I know , I live here. :) Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Cori

We will be sailing Monarch from LA on June 20. I haven't ordered transfers yet -- how far is the port from LAX? Would it be cheaper to take a cab (for two adults?)

we flew into LAX on 12-19-04 for the vision took off from Sacramento at landed at Laxabout 5:45 P.M. and were in out hotel at San Pedro by 6:30 cost of Super Shuttle was $34.00 for 2 people. on return I had reservations for the shuttle, but when I finally got off the ship I was told one would be there in about 10 to 15 minutes,the return on the shuttle is a few dollers more. I saw a sign for a taxi and it was $40.00 to lax (we took the cab). we into Lax on Saturday and left on Sunday morning. not much traffic, but in OCT of 03 I drove to LA midweek and the traffic was very bad

Bob

Thanks all. We are planning to carry on our luggage to avoid having to wait. Will the shuttle driver know the way to the port and get us to the right spot so we don't have trouble finding the boarding area for Monarch?

One just never knows. A shuttle driver should know their way around, especially to major areas such as a cruise port. Our last shuttle ride, I was all the way in the back of the van, fighting with my seatbelt (it never did work). I looked up to find the van travelling in the exact opposite direction of the airport. I corrected the driver, he didn't like it too much and was skeptical of my directions. Long story long, it took us an extra 20 minutes to get to the freeway, usually a 4 mile, 7 minute drive from my house.

Here are the driving directions so you can pay attention to your shuttle driver, making sure they go to the port in San Pedro and not Long Beach:

Driving Directions

From LAX: Travel southbound on the San Diego Freeway (Interstate 405), then southbound on the Harbor Freeway (Interstate 110). Exit at Harbor Boulevard and proceed straight through the Harbor Boulevard intersection. Turn right to enter the World Cruise Center.

I hope this helps. I would always take a cab or shuttle instead of ship transfers, I just don't have the patience to wait till the bus fills, then for it to unfill.

Archived