Mandoo tour rates?

marcaroh

We'll be in Grenada in early December and all DW has been talking about is buying spice while we are there. Can anyone tell me the "best" placees/opportunities to shop for spices?

Is a spice tour a good way to do it? I've read alot of good things on this board about Mandoo tours and am thinking about booking a spice tour with him but I don't see his rates listed on his website. Can anyone tell me what the rate(s) are for Mandoo tours? Or suggest another spice tour other than Mandoo's?

Thanks!

Thanks for the link Caroline, but I don't see any rates listed on the website. I was looking for information about rates...

It is worth noting that the operator is often constrained by the Cruise liner contract that they must not put any rates on their site as they are effectively competing against the cruise liner itself. I know of one who did and lost the contract immediately :eek:

Host Caroline is absolutely right that the best way to get the cost in writing is to go direct the the operator. You can also then ask them for other things like special stops or drinks if one is having a birthday for example.

Have a fab time :cool:

• 1 month later...

BEWARE MANDOO! We booked with him 2 months in advance, received clearly outlined confirmation guaranteeing our booking, then one week prior to our departure he sent email that he "had forgotten" he had another booking that day, so itinerary would change and price would be greatly increased. After many agruments with him by email, since it was so close to departure, we opted to continue on with the revised tour since we didn't have time to arrange other options. On the tour, we learned the true story from the other passengers. A previous client contacted him for a group of 16 two weeks prior to the tour and Mandoo dumped our booking to get this larger one. He lied repeatedly about this and several other things.

When originally researching Mandoo, we had noticed several posts detailing problems similar to ours, but chose to ignore them due to the multitude of postive reviews. The tour itself was informative and included many sites, but again, Mandoo can not be trusted to honor his booking arrangements with you.

Archived