Cruise Prices

GAMOM4

We have only sailed on Carnival before and are trying to book a cruise for my son's high school graduation trip. I had read about the special that Royal Carribbean was having on 1/2 deposits yesterday and today - so I decided to look at some of those ships. The regular deposit on a 5 day cruise on RC is only $100.00 per person and it is $200.00 per person on Carnival (wish Carnival would change that) but we could book today on RC and only pay a deposit of $50.00 per person which would be great for us. In the past RC has always been way higher in price - but right now I have priced about 3 different cruises that are cheaper on RC. They are all 4 night cruises but I just can't understand why there is such a difference in the price - do you think that maybe Carnival may come down on their prices also?

I know that June is a high month anyway - but the cruises out of Port Canaveral and out of Miami are both cheaper.

I kind of hate to try out a new cruise line when it is my son's graduation trip - just in case we didn't like it - but I hate to spend more money also.

By all means take advantage of this special. It sounds like a great deal. You are still well outside of penalty so if something better comes up, you can always switch. Royal caribbean's Sovereign class is similar in size and amenities to Carnival's Fantasy class, so you are getting very similar experiences on these shorter Bahamas itineraries whether you are cruising on Carnival or Royal Caribbean.

Archived