Meet and Greets!

C at Sea

Whilst on our Princess cruise last week, a lady off the CC Princess roll call for the cruise organised a Meet and Greet for fellow CCers. It was lovely to meet posters who you'd just read by their user names and we had a lovely chat together for an hour with us all introducing ourselves to the group first. I've not experienced this on a P&O ship and I was wondering if anyone else had? Or are we British too reserved?!!;)

I have arranged them in the past.

The people on here are not always the people they seem to be.

Never organised one again, never will, and will never attend one organised by others.

Prefer to meet people on board as complete strangers and draw my own conclusions about them face to face. Just come off R010 Aurora to the USA and Canada, met some superb people and just a few 'not so nice' who we were able to give the miss. Rather difficult if you have set up a 'strong friendship' with here.

Back on the old CC many of us met up ashore and party'ed then went on a cruise together. Superb. Went further once ashore and just one person spolt it, one who hadn't 'melded' with the rest :mad:

Just beware. Not everyone is as they seem on here. The truth hurts some people.

Mike

Every cruise I do over 7n I organise a meet-up onboard. Usually the first day at sea (day after embarking) at noon in the Crows Nest. Always had a good turn out, and we just have drinks and chat for a hour or so before heading for lunch. Sometimes make friends from this meet and see them throughout the cruise. It just takes someone to arrange it, by posting on the site a time and place, and perhaps take a A4 piece of paper with 'CC Meet' on and put on the table so people know where you are.

We usually do the meet and greet and if we gel with anyone then so and good and if not then no harm done and its just more familiar faces to say hello to when you see each other.

RCI and Celebrity organise the meet for you but just join the roll call for your sailing and chat to the other cruisers and just suggest to meet on board at a bar for drinks so that you can all just drift off as you please.

I think its a really nice idea - try it

Like I said before ""Just beware. Not everyone is as they seem on here. The truth hurts some people.""

Another one has popped up. At least no one lost out this time, as far as I can tell.

Sad sad sad. :-(((

Another one 'nursing' a secret?

Mike

Archived