Question for Scuba Girl: Best snorkeling trips?

redfish1955

Hi,

Seems like you are the one to go to for info like this. We will be staying at Cable Beach (Bluewater Resort) from this Sat. to next. Love to go snorkeling, and would like to go on two or three guided trips. I think you mentioned that the south side is best for snorkeling? Is that where Stuart Cove takes you snorkeling? What other snorkeling locations would you suggest and which operator(s) to book them with? What about Rose Island? I read in a guide book that snorkeling was good there, but I think it is on the north side. Do you think it is worth going to any other islands like Harbor Island to go snokeling? Not sure what the weather will be like next week, so can we wait until we get there to book a trip?

Thanks for any and all information!

Hi,

Seems like you are the one to go to for info like this. We will be staying at Cable Beach (Bluewater Resort) from this Sat. to next. Love to go snorkeling, and would like to go on two or three guided trips. I think you mentioned that the south side is best for snorkeling? Is that where Stuart Cove takes you snorkeling? What other snorkeling locations would you suggest and which operator(s) to book them with? What about Rose Island? I read in a guide book that snorkeling was good there, but I think it is on the north side. Do you think it is worth going to any other islands like Harbor Island to go snokeling? Not sure what the weather will be like next week, so can we wait until we get there to book a trip?

Thanks for any and all information!

Yes, snorkeling with Stuart Cove would indeed by the best snorkeling experience in Nassau. It's three stops. A reef, a wreck and the sharks.

Rose Island is quite nice, but nothing like the south side of the island.

Rose Island trips are usually part of another tour.. like a catamaran ride or a beach day and picinic.. Stuart Cove is strictly a snorkeling adventure.

Archived