should I have booked?

porrah

Well, it's too late now, I did it. Booked the Ventura next March 27th. Hopefully I got a reasonable deal, but I've just been reading a thread about prices going cheaper nearer the time and am wondering if I did the right thing. Also, I live in Canada and have never done P&O. We have been on RCCI and are going on a HAL cruise in November. Are there any basic differences I should know. e.g. on HAL you can take your own wine, I gather that is not the case with P&O. Does anyone know a cheap place to stay near the terminal the night before? Not knowing Southampton, it's hard poking around on the internet and not knowing where things are.

Any hints will be appreciated.

Thanks.

De Vere Grand Harbour - 5 Star

West Quay Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 1AG, England, UK

<H2 style="MARGIN-LEFT: 5px">Hilton Southampton - 4 Star (parking available)

Bracken Place, Chilworth, Southampton, Hampshire

SO16 3RB, England, UK

Novotel Southampton - 3 Star

West Quay Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 1RA, England, UK

Premier Travel Inn Southampton City Centre - 3 Star

6 Dials New Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 0AB, England

<H2>Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & 28 days parking 4 Star Boorley Green, Botley, Southampton, Hampshire, SO32 2UA, England, Uk

have a nice cruise

</H2></H2>

Hi Porrah

I dont think you will get much cheaper than premier Inn, we stayed in a B&B when we sailed from Southampton but probably cost more than the premier, have a look on google earth to find your barings.

Also.. have you booked your flights yet?

I travel to Canada a lot (used to live there) and the best deals are Canadian Affair.

Regards

Lynn

porrah

You can certainly take your own wine on board P&O but it is very reasonably priced on board, as are spirits.

As you are travelling from Canada have you thought about staying in Winchester, a very small but historical city just 20 minutes or so from Southampton, with many places to stay and good eating places for a meal the night before departure.

There is also the option of staying in the New Forest.

Cheapest hotels all within within a £7 taxi ride to the cruise terminal will be

Etap Hotel **

Ibis hotel ***

Holiday Inn ***

Premier Inn ***

Novotel ***

Sothampton Park Hotel ****

Jurys Inn Hotel ****

De Vere Grand Hotel *****

Prices are charged per room per day and range from aprox £49 to £160. The 2 cheapest charge extra for breakfast. The next two offer a continental breakfast and the last 4 offer a full breakfast in the price.

My personal hotel of choice is the Novotel, within walking distance of a retail park and a shopping centre and food outlets, clean, comfortable and friendly. Free pool, free sauna and free gym and about £79 per night, maybe not the cheapest but factor in breakfast, location and facilities and it offers good value. Also consider the cheaper the hotel, the younger the client, and if you stop in Southampton on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night there's a chance that the local hen or stag party will be in town as Southampton attracts alot of nightlife. :)

Well, it's too late now, I did it. Booked the Ventura next March 27th. Hopefully I got a reasonable deal, but I've just been reading a thread about prices going cheaper nearer the time and am wondering if I did the right thing. Also, I live in Canada and have never done P&O. We have been on RCCI and are going on a HAL cruise in November. Are there any basic differences I should know. e.g. on HAL you can take your own wine, I gather that is not the case with P&O. Does anyone know a cheap place to stay near the terminal the night before? Not knowing Southampton, it's hard poking around on the internet and not knowing where things are.

Any hints will be appreciated.

Thanks.

The biggest difference is the food onboard P&O, they do not have the same variety in the buffet that RCCI have and in the dining room it is a very British menu.

Archived