Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina VS Westin Beach Ft. Lauderdale

lovin2cruize

Hi All

I can't seem to make up my mind between these two hotels the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina or Westin Beach Ft. Lauderdale ? It is going to be once I come back from the cruise. It will also be on Halloween night and during boat week, which means it will be busy. I would be getting them on one of "those sites" so I wouldn't be able to pick the tower room as people say to get at the Hilton Marina. It just said the Fort Lauderdale Room as the choice. I don't know where that is located. There isn't much of a price difference , I just can't decide. I have looked and searched reviews and they all seem to be ok. so any help would be awesome!

thanks!

Hi All

I can't seem to make up my mind between these two hotels the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina or Westin Beach Ft. Lauderdale ? It is going to be once I come back from the cruise. It will also be on Halloween night and during boat week, which means it will be busy. I would be getting them on one of "those sites" so I wouldn't be able to pick the tower room as people say to get at the Hilton Marina. It just said the Fort Lauderdale Room as the choice. I don't know where that is located. There isn't much of a price difference , I just can't decide. I have looked and searched reviews and they all seem to be ok. so any help would be awesome!

thanks!

We just stayed at the Hilton two weeks ago and loved it. Our room was considered a Fort Lauderdale room and it was in the East Villas. It overlooked the beautiful pool. I was a tad concerned as I thought it might be noisy but it was not. Our room was spacious and had a balcony with 2 chairs and a small table. The room was also sparkling clean.

The hotel is huge and one of the reasons we selected it as I thought we might have a good chance of checking in early after our cruise (since it has almost 600 rooms). That notion paid off as we were in our room at 10:30 AM.

The pool is wonderful and we spent our afternoon sunning and swimming. The outdoor area is lovely. Later on we went to the G - pool bar/restaurant - and had drinks and snacks. House wine is $4 and beer is $2.50 from 2 - 6 on weekends (I believe). We had wings and sliders and while they weren't inexpensive the quality was good and the service was very good.

Loved seeing all the boats in the marina.

The staff was very friendly in all regards. We had to check out very early to catch our plane and the valet practically ran down the hall with our bags! Taxis are always available.

There are definitely places you can walk to - not to mention the water taxi is right out back - but we chose to take a cab to Kelly's Landing (about 6 blocks away) for a terrific New England lobster dinner. I highly suggest that place as a possible dining choice.

The night before our cruise was spent at the W on FLL Beach, which is almost next door to the Westin. We loved staying there as well but for a more laid-back venue the Hilton is a great choice.

We have stayed at many hotels in FLL but the Hilton will definitely be high up on our list of places to stay in the future. We had absolutely no complaints.

We booked through Last Minute Travel for the ridiculous rate of $82 plus tax.:)

Stayed 1 night after cruise last year at Westin Beach Resort. Loved the location, beach across the street, with walkway across road from pool to beach. Comfy bed and it was really easy to get around by foot. Walked up the street to CVS, Starbucks was in the hotel and Don Shula's steakhouse was tasty.

Plus it smells really, really good in their lobby.

We just stayed at the Hilton two weeks ago and loved it. Our room was considered a Fort Lauderdale room and it was in the East Villas. It overlooked the beautiful pool. I was a tad concerned as I thought it might be noisy but it was not. Our room was spacious and had a balcony with 2 chairs and a small table. The room was also sparkling clean.

The hotel is huge and one of the reasons we selected it as I thought we might have a good chance of checking in early after our cruise (since it has almost 600 rooms). That notion paid off as we were in our room at 10:30 AM.

The pool is wonderful and we spent our afternoon sunning and swimming. The outdoor area is lovely. Later on we went to the G - pool bar/restaurant - and had drinks and snacks. House wine is $4 and beer is $2.50 from 2 - 6 on weekends (I believe). We had wings and sliders and while they weren't inexpensive the quality was good and the service was very good.

Loved seeing all the boats in the marina.

The staff was very friendly in all regards. We had to check out very early to catch our plane and the valet practically ran down the hall with our bags! Taxis are always available.

There are definitely places you can walk to - not to mention the water taxi is right out back - but we chose to take a cab to Kelly's Landing (about 6 blocks away) for a terrific New England lobster dinner. I highly suggest that place as a possible dining choice.

The night before our cruise was spent at the W on FLL Beach, which is almost next door to the Westin. We loved staying there as well but for a more laid-back venue the Hilton is a great choice.

We have stayed at many hotels in FLL but the Hilton will definitely be high up on our list of places to stay in the future. We had absolutely no complaints.

We booked through Last Minute Travel for the ridiculous rate of $82 plus tax.:)

Thanks so much for taking the time to write all that. I was looking at Last Minute Travel and it was cheap too. Did you call for a cab back to the hotel after dinner at Kelly's Landing or did you walk back? I was always thinking if I prearranged a cab with the person who dropped me off they probably would not come back.

Stayed 1 night after cruise last year at Westin Beach Resort. Loved the location, beach across the street, with walkway across road from pool to beach. Comfy bed and it was really easy to get around by foot. Walked up the street to CVS, Starbucks was in the hotel and Don Shula's steakhouse was tasty.

Plus it smells really, really good in their lobby.

Thank you so much for your input. I appreciate it. I am going to make up my mind tonight.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write all that. I was looking at Last Minute Travel and it was cheap too. Did you call for a cab back to the hotel after dinner at Kelly's Landing or did you walk back? I was always thinking if I prearranged a cab with the person who dropped me off they probably would not come back.

While the distance was totally walkable - we were tired and it was hot and had begun to rain. We took a card from the cabbie and just called when we were ready to leave the restauarant. They were there in under 5 minutes. This was on a Sunday night and about 10 PM by the time we were ready to leave.

While the distance was totally walkable - we were tired and it was hot and had begun to rain. We took a card from the cabbie and just called when we were ready to leave the restauarant. They were there in under 5 minutes. This was on a Sunday night and about 10 PM by the time we were ready to leave.

Thanks so much!

Archived