Price drop in UK

I have read about people receiving price drops and wondered if they were available to all. We have booked our first RCCL cruise on F.O.S. which is a B2B on 11/20/2011. Does anyone know if they are available in the U.K. if so how do you go about getting them.

Thankyou

Lynne

I checked with RCI a while back and YES, if the advertised price drops, you can claim the difference back. Keep an eye on the online prices and if they go down, give your TA or RCI a call right away.

I have been checking our cruise and unfortunately it has gone up rather than down :( I hope you have more luck!

However, in the UK if you booked through a TA they do not have to give you the price drop, it is now at thier discretion.

That is correct and if you have made a change at all to your reservation (moved cabin etc) then there will be a £35 per person admin fee for getting the price drop.

First change is free after that you pay admin fees.

That is correct and if you have made a change at all to your reservation (moved cabin etc) then there will be a £35 per person admin fee for getting the price drop.

First change is free after that you pay admin fees.

Liz I asked about price reductions when I booked with Rccl/ UK on Wednesday. The rep stated that I would get all price reductions. I asked her would I just get the one and she said oh no if the price goes down right up to sail date you will get it!!!! She never mentioned the £35 .

1.11 Can I make changes to my booking after it has been confirmed?

Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed holiday, you must notify us in writing as soon as possible. Whilst we will

endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such requests. For guests wishing to make a significant

amendment to their booking outside of 56 days from departure, such as changing the ship, sail date or brand, please note that a

booking transfer fee is applicable. The transfer fee is £75 per guest which is limited to the first two guests on a booking, therefore any

3rd/4th guests will not be charged. Please note that your booking will be re-priced in-line with the up-to-date business and price

rules and a new confirmation invoice will be issued.

For all minor changes (such as change of stateroom or name changes on an existing booking) outside of 56 days from departure, an

amendment fee of £35 per guest per booking will be payable together with any costs incurred by ourselves and any costs or charges

incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers. Passengers should note that airlines may not allow name changes on scheduled flights

and that the flight booking may need to be cancelled and rebooked. The rebooking will always be subject to flight availability and to

payment of any charges imposed by the airline which may, in some cases, be the full cost of the ticket.

If you request a change within 56 days of departure, this may be treated as a cancellation of your original booking and cancellation

charges as set out in these terms and conditions will be payable (see clause 1.10). The changed arrangements will then be treated as a

new booking.

If you or any of the persons travelling with you is prevented from taking the holiday you/they may give your/their place on the

booking to someone else (suggested by you). In this situation, providing we are given not less than 7 days notice in writing of your

wish to make the change, we will permit the name change. The airline and flight routing may differ from the original assignment due

to this name change. You must produce documentary proof of the reason for the transfer of your/their booking with the request

(e.g., a letter from a doctor etc.). Both the person who was originally due to take the holiday and the person who actually does so

must make sure that the administration fee and any charges/costs (see below) as well as any amount which is still due to be paid for

the holiday is paid as required before any change can be made.

In the past I have been charged the £35 after the first change but I think sometimes you can be lucky and get away with it. My parents are currently on Navigator, they booked more than a year in advance directly with RCL and I watched the price for them. They had a total of 3 price drops (saving £600) and were never charged. I don't know how they managed it, they just rang the general number and spoke to whoever answered, the charge was never mentioned.

Julie

Archived