Oosterdam SC 4180 or 4185????

kathy_bc

We are considering taking this suite (for the first time), and travelling with my mother (who recently lost her husband). She is wondering about the dressing area? Is it private? I can't quite see on these rooms, and from what I've read, the layout is different than what they show on H.A. website and the other rooms.

I checked out the photos that were posted, but I can't quite figure out the entrance, bathroom, closet space.

Also, has anyone slept on the sofabed (as that is where I would be sleeping).. just wondering.

thanks!

I've had 4185.

Lovely suite - just be aware that if the curtain to the dressing room and door to the bathroom aren't closed and the door to the suite is opened, one could see all the way from the commode across to the other side of the ship via the aft transverse corridor...

...so close the door!

We are considering taking this suite (for the first time), and travelling with my mother (who recently lost her husband). She is wondering about the dressing area? Is it private? I can't quite see on these rooms, and from what I've read, the layout is different than what they show on H.A. website and the other rooms.

I checked out the photos that were posted, but I can't quite figure out the entrance, bathroom, closet space.

Also, has anyone slept on the sofabed (as that is where I would be sleeping).. just wondering.

thanks!

Have you seen the photos of Oosterdam's SC 4185? http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/index.html

I also have photos (more detailed) of SC 4185 on the Westerdam (sister ship to Oosterdam) the only difference will more than likely be in the decor: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html

Joanie

thanks!

Kathy,

My partner and myself are booked into that suite for the Oct 30. sailing. While I have never stayed in a aft cabin, I can't tell you too much about it, but I have stayed in SA, SB, and SC catagories, and they are all very spacious. My partner had slept on the fold out bed, and has said that it is very comfortable. The one nice feature about a aft corner suite is the wrap around veranda. Looking forward to that.

Thank you all for your replies.

We took the plunge and booked 4185. Well, we have until tomorrow to fully commit to it.

One question... they asked if I wanted to be put on the "upgrade" list. Do I??? I don't know how the sides compare to the aft. One thing we would really like to do is sit and read outside while the ship is moving. Is that possible? On our last balcony cabin on the side, we couldn't sit out there, as it was quite windy and noisy. Would that be the same? So that's why we are wondering about this aft cabin.

We are so looking forward to relaxing!!!

thanks,

We took the plunge and booked 4185. Well, we have until tomorrow to fully commit to it.

One question... they asked if I wanted to be put on the "upgrade" list. Do I??? I don't know how the sides compare to the aft. One thing we would really like to do is sit and read outside while the ship is moving. Is that possible? On our last balcony cabin on the side, we couldn't sit out there, as it was quite windy and noisy. Would that be the same? So that's why we are wondering about this aft cabin.

thanks,

The corner suites like 4185 have a wraparound balcony with part on the side and that BIG part astern. As you cruise at 20 knots the wind on the side is 20 knots but the stern can be very still. Reading is wonderful on that part of the balcony. We had a stern wrap on our last cruise and have one booked for the next. Both were marked DO NOT UPGRADE as we did not want to give up that balcony. HAL will believe an "upgrade" includes an SB or SA suite. Most are side cabins. A couple are stern corners and both have smaller balconies than 4185. I would say "DO NOT UPGRADE" ... you will love 4185. (JMHO)

thanks,

Stay with 4185!!! In my opinion you will be much happier!!

I cannot wait to vegetate on my Aft Wraparound on Nieuw Amsterdam in 55 days. I may never leave the verandah!!

In fact, I am looking at going shopping in the next day or so at Borders to get a Kobo for lots of reading out on the aft portion of my verandah. Who needs the side, LOL.

Joanie

Archived