Are there ironing facilities on the Dream?

I am due to sail on the Dream next Tuesday and no matter how carefully I pack, I always end up with a couple of creased dresses and my OH shirts. Are there ironing facilities on each deck? They came in so handy on the Celebration earlier this year. Any info would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Page 186 of the Thomson brochure under A-Z guide, under sub section Safety On Cruises, Cabin Safety it states and I quote.

"Kettles and Irons are not permitted in cabins for health and safety reasons".

By taking an Iron on board you are putting your fellow passengers lives at risk of a fire. Any Electrical items used on a ship, would have had to be checked and PAT tested, by the ships safety officers.:(

• 2 weeks later...
I had one in my suitcase when we boarded Dream in July, nobody said anything.

Ditto.We had an iron with us as we were on a stay and cruise.In our suitcase when we boarded,no problem

Page 186 of the Thomson brochure under A-Z guide, under sub section Safety On Cruises, Cabin Safety it states and I quote.

"Kettles and Irons are not permitted in cabins for health and safety reasons".

By taking an Iron on board you are putting your fellow passengers lives at risk of a fire. Any Electrical items used on a ship, would have had to be checked and PAT tested, by the ships safety officers.:(

Agree but then why are the likes of curling tongs/straightners permitted?Every cruise ship i have been on have been very lax when it comes to all the so called banned items and that includes drink.Long may it continue on the drink side ;)

Curling tongs and straighteners do not have the wattage of Irons and kettles. Being lax is just putting passengers life's at risk, don,t think the cruise lines put that info in there brochure for fun, it is aimed at preventing fire.

Which as we do know happens, as a recent fire on a cruise ship proves.:(

With drink I cannot be bothered taking any on board, saves a lot of hassle just to purchase it on board, especially when you get A1 free, for booking early

Curling tongs and straighteners do not have the wattage of Irons and kettles.

Yep but equally dangerous when left unattended...You know what women are like ;)

Being lax is just putting passengers life's at risk,

Not disagreeing,just pointing out in my experience(have only sailed on two ships)security is lax when it comes to electircal items and booze

don,t think the cruise lines put that info in there brochure for fun, it is aimed at preventing fire.

Mmm,nobody is saying they do and just for the record although we took our iron on board it was never used.It was in our suitcase as it was needed for our first weeks stay on the island

With drink I cannot be bothered taking any on board, saves a lot of hassle just to purchase it on board, especially when you get A1 free, for booking early

Each to there own but remember many don`t book early of have the opportunity of booking early for whatever reason so lose out on AI

Archived