Snorkel excursion in Maui

Semi Retired

A few years ago I booked thru the Four Winds. They took us out to Molokini and fed us lunch, it got really windy so they had to pull up and go to another spot. It does get very windy there, so I recommend the first trip of the morning before the winds kick up. Very professional, good lunch, nice people. I tried the snuba with them and had a great time before the wind spoiled it for us. I believe it was about 100$ pp

Louisa:cool:

I want to partake in the snorkel trip that goes out to the sunken volcano, Molokini Crater, but not sure which is best. We have an overnight stay, so timing isn't a concern.

Hi,

A few years back we went out with Paragon. The trip was excellent. Best snorkeling we ever did. Do a morning trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I just went out with Trilogy last Friday and it was a great trip. In fact they should be using their new Trilogy II for the Molokini trip. The food was outstanding and teh crew was wonderful. And they leave early so it wasn't too crowded when we got to Molokini. Highly recommended!

I have not tried the Pride of Maui, but I have done Snuba at Molokini before and it really is neat, I used to scuba and it is so much easier with no tanks to strap on. I loved snuba, Molokini is not what it used to be but it is still nice. Book early am as winds usually spoil afternoon trips. It is just beautiful to see Molokini. If it is not too windy,:mad:......... our snuba went forward when it was really windy and it was a bit difficult to get started, :eek: but a good experience, after the snuba people were out, we pulled up and moved locations. Hope that helped a bit. I think it is great, weather permitting, ........may be see how the weather is playing out that day before booking snuba in advance and book that add on when you can judge the day, from the boat.

EMOSEWA:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I also recommend Trilogy. Did the crater last December with them and had a great time. Saw whales on the way out and back, saw lots of turtles at the second stop, and the crater was amazing. A couple of my photos from the trip are attached. I took both with a relatively inexpensive point and click Olympus 850 (which I love btw).

whale.jpg.ddc9b2363ba67e879201168c9e8e3a58.jpg

1867685296_PC150219-Copy.JPG.a0fd12c1a704b59344738269b68348c5.JPG

Archived