Christmas / New Year on Mariner

retiredbrit

A sort of Dress Code query ! – Joyce and I are on our first Regent cruise on Mariner 17 December Rio to Fort Lauderdale.

Of the 18 nights it would seem that there are 2 Formal optional nights on Dec 19 and Jan 1 , the rest are Elegant Casual. I wonder why Christmas Day and New Years Eve are not also Formal Optional.

I shall pack my Tuxedo as Joyce and I enjoy dressing up. If I chose to wear a Tux on Christmas Day or New Years Eve for Dinner – am I likely to be the only one?

Fortunately flying to Brazil from the UK we can take 2 cases each nd don’t have the baggage restrictions on some flights

Can Regent regulars post how they have found it other years over Christmas and New Year

regards Alan

Hi Retiredbrit...

My DH and I spent last Christmas and New Years aboard the Mariner on a 16 day transit thru the Panama Canal (West to East) Dec 2009. It was a wonderful time to be on the ship. Everything was very festive and the dress code was a big question right up until the day of sailing. This sailing was just before the Dress Code change that happened the beginning of the year.

We were NOT supposed to have a formal nite for New Years Eve but that changed. Lots of Tux's and Gowns, we ended up with three formal nites and as it was a Holiday Sailing I think the cruise was dressier than usual.

The ship was decked out beautifully. You will really enjoy this sailing.

Be sure and bring a good camera as Regent no longer has Photographers on board but other passengers and crew are always willing to take pictures.

ps On Formal Nights there was more Tux's than I have seen in a long time....even DH moaned and groaned and put his on!

Archived