Where to stay in Port Canaveral night before the cruise

Hillbilly139

We are sailing on the Dream March 24th 2011. We are driving from Ky and need some info on where to stay the night before our cruise departs from Port Canaveral and also do we leave our car at a hotel or at the port terminal? This is our first Disney cruise and we are so excited!! Any replies would be wonderful.:D

I believe the Residence Inn and Country Inn and Suites in Coco Beach are the closest to the port. I've only stayed at the Residence Inn and it was very nice with a great staff. Another favorite of this board is the Radisson in Coco Beach.

We stay at either Residence Inn or Country Inn and Suites. Both have breakfast buffet in their pricing. Both will let you keep your car parked there, at no additional cost. That is cheaper than parking at the port. They offer a shuttle or you can get your own.

We stay at the Econo Lodge in Coco, VERY close to the port. Cruisers park their car in the very front of the hotel. The shuttle to and from the port is free. They have a hot breakfast each morning. We have also gotten a coupon for a free drink in their lounge that night. On weekends there is music in the lounge. Price is very reasonable, around $80 a night. And, the rooms are very nice. Let them know when you book you are cruising so they can plan for shuttle space.

Edited by Bonnie J.

The Radisson at cape canaveral has a park & cruise package that includes breakfast, parking and shuttle to and from port..

Have stayed there and is only minutes from port.

As mentioned previously, Florida departure boards had lots of info on hotels

We stay at the Residence Inn (by Marriot) in Cape Canaveral (note: it is NOT in Cocoa Beach as listed above). It, along with Country Inns and Suites, are relatively new and are located just a block or two south of the port. Radisson is just another block further, but it is an older hotel with mixed reviews on TripAdvisor. These are the closest ones. You can also stay in Cocoa Beach, if you want to be on the ocean, as this is just a mile or two further.

The hotel can arrange a shuttle or taxi for you, unless you rent a car. We generally rent from Budget or Avis because they are located within the Orlando airport, and you can get discount codes by googling for them online. To return the car, the Budget office is in Cape Canaveral and the Avis office is in Cocoa Beach, but in reality they are just a few blocks apart. Both offer free shuttles to and from the port.

There is a Publix supermarket on A1A where you can pick up any forgotten items, or beverages.

A restaurant recommendation: The staff at the Residence Inn referred us to an inexpensive family-style Italian restaurant popular with the locals (ie: not a tourist trap) called A New York Pizza House. It's on Rt 520 and A1A, diagonally across from Ron Jon's surf shop. http://www.anewyorkpizzahouse.com/ We eat there EVERY time we are in the area - it's that good!!!

Edited by DonnaK

Radisson Resort at the Port was fine 2 years ago when I was there. Its 45 minutes from the Orlando airport.

Free parking, shuttle, even a drunk-bus to take you out to the restraunts the night before. All free. They have a nice pool, with a grotto/lazy-river kind of setting. Theres an outdoor bar and a cozy lounge inside as well.

The rooms have beds with the adjustable dial-mattresses.

It was $100 for the night.

Just Booked a room at Country Inn & Suites using " friends and family code" ( carlsonf) :D got a Wirlpool Suite for $ 70 wich includes breakfast the next morning.Called and was told parking and shuttle would be $20 extra. We are going for a week and parking at the port would be $105. So I think We got a :cool:free room and breakfast fro the price of parking.

:DCan't wait only have 18 days left !!!!!

We stayed at a Hilton on the water right near the port that was surprisingly reasonable. They didn't have a cruise package per se (which is good if you want to make it a reward stay, actually). But the parking was free and the transportation to and from the port cost a nominal fee and was very easy to use. There is a Hampton Inn that's reasonable too and has cruise packages. Hampton always comes with breakfast, too. I don't know the exact address offhand but if you type in the address of the port, it's the 2nd closest Hampton. Strangely enough, the closest one doesn't have cruise transportation.

Edited by disneygirl74

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites last month and I highly recommend it. Had a cruise pkg which included parking for the week and shuttle to & from the port. They have a breakfast bar and a very nice pool. The staff were very friendly. You can see the ships from the hotel.

Just Booked a room at Country Inn & Suites using " friends and family code" ( carlsonf) :D got a Wirlpool Suite for $ 70 wich includes breakfast the next morning.Called and was told parking and shuttle would be $20 extra. We are going for a week and parking at the port would be $105. So I think We got a :cool:free room and breakfast fro the price of parking.

:DCan't wait only have 18 days left !!!!!

What is going to happen when you get to the hotel? Are you going to need to produce something to show that you are entitled to that code? Not trying to argue about it -- I want to switch my rezzie to INCLUDE that code. Right now we're booked in a whirlpool room for $130 so I'd love to switch but don't want to give up what I have just to find out that I'm going to have to anty up and pay the whole thing when I get there because they deny my code.

• 5 years later...