Need Advice on how to get to Rome from Citivecchia

zaby

Am in RSSC line and will arrive in Citivecchia on 10/9 and I am staying in Rome at St. Regis and have been quoted as much as $500 to get to Rome - any advice is Greatly appreciated.

THank you

Am in RSSC line and will arrive in Citivecchia on 10/9 and I am staying in Rome at St. Regis and have been quoted as much as $500 to get to Rome - any advice is Greatly appreciated.

THank you

I have no idea who would have quoted you $500 to go into Rome unless it maybe was the hotel or ship's transfer, and that would be robbery IMHO.Please do a search on this board as there are many ways to go into Rome using the train or private pick-up service for a LOT less than your quote.There is a ton of onfo here.

We have used www.romecabs.com. from the airport to Rome and I know they also do transfers from and to the port. They are very reliable and the price is fair. Go ahead and check them out on Tripadvisor and Fodors. The references are excellent. You could also take the train from the port to Termini and than take a taxi from Termini to your hotel. The train is 4.50 euro OW.

You could also pick up a rented car in Civitavecchia and drop it off in Rome. (We rented a car in Civitavecchia which we dropped off at the airport 3 days later.)

Screwcork

Can I ask the name of the rental company, please?

We are considering a one way car rental from Civitavecchia to Venice at the end of our cruise in July.

Thanks

We are considering a one way car rental from Civitavecchia to Venice at the end of our cruise in July.

Thanks

Hertz. Many people rent from Hertz in Italy.Just go to their website for info.

Thanks

We also used Hertz - their office is close to the port entrance (exit).

Screwcork

THank you

How adventurous are you? And how much time do you have?

Alot of people (if not most) will take the train from the port to Rome and vice versa. Also if you dont have too much luggage, you can take the regional bus called "Cotral" which goes from LePanto (subway) station between Rome and the port.

A taxi between the port and Rome costs about 55 Euro or so one way and goes right from your hotel to ship or ship to hotel, as long as there are no strikes.

The train is about 6 Euro, and the regional bus is about 3.5 Euro.

If you want to go from your ship to the bus or train pick-up, be sure to ask the ship personnal the best way to do it.....the port in Civitavecchia is mostly a commercial freight harbor and walking around the port area with all your luggage is very difficult.

Archived