Question on Booking a Cabin

GAMOM4

We have decided to book a cabin on the Fascination, June 6th (couldn't get anyone else to commit to the Royal Carribbean one that we found cheaper for the same date..so I'm just going to book for me, my husband and son) I went all the way through the booking process on-line and when I got to the end - I still couldn't figure out what category of cabin I was booking - I know which cabin it was - but I need to know the category so that I can watch for price drops.

I do not like the new website AT ALL! Has anyone else figured out how to tell the category? The room I was trying to book was U158. (only two doors down from our cruise this year!!)

Thanks!

I went all the way through the booking process on-line and when I got to the end - I still couldn't figure out what category of cabin I was booking - I know which cabin it was - but I need to know the category so that I can watch for price drops.

I do not like the new website AT ALL!

The new website is pretty bad. It's "dumbed down".

I love to use the internet to do all my research, but when it comes to actually booking my cruise, I'll call my Personal Vacation Planner at Carnival Cruise Lines. All my information is already stored, along with names, dates of birth, address, dining preferences, etc. She can tell me ALL the cabins that are available (and that may not show on the website), as well as qualify me for additional discounts (normally, she gives me an additional discount for being an airline employee).

Also, if I have any questions that need a quick answer or if I need to make changes, all I have to do is pick up the phone and call.

Just my two cents.

I have always used my PVP also - this would be the first time that I haven't used him to book - and I may still end up calling - because just in the few minutes it took me to type these messages the room I was trying to book is already showing gone. I just hate to have to call him constantly and say "has the price gone down" but maybe Carnival will get enough complaints that they will at least change that part back on their website - so everyone can check for price changes.

in the few minutes it took me to type these messages the room I was trying to book is already showing gone..

The room may be currently floating in "cyberspace" if you clicked on it when you were trying to make your reservation earlier. Wait around 15 minutes and try it again. Unless is currently targeting the same room as you, it should be back in the inventory shortly.

I think we are all trying to figure out Carnival's new system. It does look nice but I can see how difficult it is trying to find certain categories so it will probably be that much harder trying to find out if the price has dropped. This whole thing could be one of those "laws of unintended consequences" where Carnival *thought* they were doing such a nice upgrade (and it does look nice) yet now it's harder to look for price drops. Guess we'll have to just get used to it.

Archived