Take my laptop?

wander

We are going on two, back-to-back Riverboat cruises (Rhine & Danube). After our trips I do computer slide shows of our travels using my laptop and power point. Normally on larger cruise ships I am too busy to sit around pounding the keys of my computer. However, I realize that life is very different on Riverboats, and look forward to the experience. Question - on a typical Rhine and/or Danube cruise, how may hours in a typical evening (if there is such a thing) are you "on your own" so to speak, i.e. I could sit in our cabin or the lounge and work on organizing a power point presentation without missing lectures or entertainment (which I know is very limited)?

I do love to watch the scenery during the day and to take the shore tours, but I prefer my laptop to reading. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

I guess it may depends on what cruise you take. Last summer we took an Danube cruise with Avalon. I think we had only one night that there was no local entertainment. I only found time to burn my pictures to a cd and work on them after the trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Wander.

We were on a Viking River Cruise from Vienna to Amsterdam last summer. My answer is YES! We took many photos and we spent lots of time trying to identify buildings, cities, etc. to label pictures after we returned home. There are just so many photo opportunities and it all passes so quickly that I think it would be helpful to try to organize and label photos as you go along. There are always dead times with a few minute here and there. We noticed a couple of people in the lounges working on their pictures while they watched the countryside pass by.

We are going on a 3 week Viking River China trip in April. I am going to take my computer this time.

We loved the Rhine and Danube cruise. There is just so much to see, enjoy and photograph.

Enjoy!

Pat

• 4 weeks later...

[Q

We are going on a 3 week Viking River China trip in April. I am going to take my computer this time.

Pat - the Century Star only had 220 volt electricity (except for the usual shaver outlet). Make sure you take a transformer with you.

Archived