Which cruise is better for a teen? Please Help us!!

tina050603

Have only sailed on Carnival and can tell you my sons love cruising! Carnival does have a teen meet and greet the first night and limited organized activities for teens (enough for them to meet friends and then pick and choose activities that they would want to participate in). There's also swimming, ping-pong, small basketball court, 24/7 pizza!. The newer ships have a teen only dance club.

By the way, cruised Carnival when the boys were 11 and 13 (Elation) and 13 and 15 (Inspiration). They will be 15 and 17 on our upcoming cruise on the Conquest.

Many families also cruise on RCCL...........their larger ships have a rock climbing wall, ice skating, in-line skating track. That said, my boys have always had more than enough to keep them busy and happy on Carnival.

Have fun choosing.

My daughter loves RCCL Voyager class ships. Our first cruise was Disney when she was 11. When we booked our cruise with RCCL when she was 14 she did not want to go (it was Disney or nothing). However, she did go and now it is RCCL or nothing. We also took a cruise on RCCL when she was 16. She loved the teen room (they also have a meet & mingle night) the rock climbing wall. There is also rollar blading, mini golf and ice skating.

In fact, we had a terrible time with the girls (we always let her bring a friend) when we were at ports doing excursions. All they wanted to do was get back to the ship with all the new friends they had made.

My teenage sons (13/16) really loved Mariner of the Seas (Voyager class) because of the rock wall, ice skating, golf, promenade mall. Didn't like the night "organized" activities.

All three liked Disney's teen programs best (even my pickey daughter, who was 16 at the time). They were very organized with even shore excursions. That said Disney is way overpriced.

Teens seemed to wander more on the Grand Class of Princess. We didnt take ours on the Golden Princess this January, so dont know first hand, just by observation of others.

Carnival has good reviews on newer ships. The older ships dont really have anything for those over 15, or very few things; so we are not taking our kids with us this time.

bplazo...I totally agree with you....Any ship in the Voyager class would cover kids of all ages....especially teens....I can't speak for the Radiance class, but the Vision class could possibly do it as well!!! I know it did for mine (16, 14, 12, 10)

We are looking at the Voyager class next.....Haven't done Disney and have heard nothing but good things, but we have been to Disney World many many times and personally just don't have any desire to combine all that happiness with a cruise, if that makes sense....Disney and a cruise need to be two separate things, but that's just my opinion.....

We did the 3 day Disney cruise 3 years ago when girls were 10 & 12. Great first time cruise for the girls with a good mix of organized activities (beach program) and family time. July 8 will be on the Vision northbound Alaska with extended family. 4 teenage girls, 13, 15, 16 & 19. Don't know what activities are like on the Vision. 15 year old looking forward to dancing until 2:00am. HA HA HA

We took our 15yo daughter on the Golden Princess last August and she had a great time. I think if you go in the summer, just about any ship will have kids. If you are going in the offseason, ask your travel agent - they can find out how many kids are on board. Have a wonderful cruise!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Tina050603,

If you have not booked a cruise, please go on The Miracle on the 25th of September. The main port will be the beautiful Belize. The ship is also pretty new, and I heard not one bad review on it. Also as far as teens I know of 3 of which are going, 2 my sons and 1 his friend.

Archived