Adventures on the Carnival Conquest… a review of the Sep 26 7 day cruise to Cozumel

*Mach*

You guys!

A brief explanation for those of you who have no clue what is going on with the RED comments....When the Crazies cruised last September, we enjoyed a bar crawl at Key West ending at Captain Tony's. I was amazed by the display of bras hanging from the rafters and not to be outdone, decided I would perform my houdini routine removing my RED bra, and with the assistance of our favorite Coastie hung it from the rafters. I am, afterall, a Crazie!!!

Our wonderful friends decided this year to give me a RED bra shower as I have had a difficult time finding a suitable replacement. Needless to say, I have more than my share now.

Sorry....I have no pictures to share from the poolside shower. I have no doubt, however, that one of my wonderful friends will come along shortly to share. Please feel free to object! ;)

This group are the most wonderful friends I've ever had! Love them all!!!!!

I love this story! That's awesome! Thanks for sharing your story with us too!

So happy to oblige! I determined after that cruise that tequila and I were not good for each other and swore off. Ooopsy, had that one shot at Nachi...but that's later in the review! :p

LOL! I just did my 1st shot ever about a year ago. Patron. :o

Oh man, ya'll sound so fun!! I need to cruise with ya'll sometime!!:D:D

I know, don't they? Would be great for sure!

Mach- More great pictures & continued review!!! I look forward to more! Thanks!

You guys! :rolleyes:

A brief explanation for those of you who have no clue what is going on with the RED comments....When the Crazies cruised last September, we enjoyed a bar crawl at Key West ending at Captain Tony's. I was amazed by the display of bras hanging from the rafters and not to be outdone, decided I would perform my houdini routine removing my RED bra, and with the assistance of our favorite Coastie hung it from the rafters. :o:rolleyes: I am, afterall, a Crazie!!!

Our wonderful friends decided this year to give me a RED bra shower as I have had a difficult time finding a suitable replacement. Needless to say, I have more than my share now. :cool::p

Sorry....I have no pictures to share from the poolside shower. I have no doubt, however, that one of my wonderful friends will come along shortly to share. Please feel free to object! ;)

This group are the most wonderful friends I've ever had! Love them all!!!!!

LOL what fun, never a dull moment. Thanks for letting us in on your fun...

Enjoying the review ;..BUT...ball caps in the dining room??

That's "crazy" but NOT in a "fun" way IMHO

the (loose) dress code is pretty much "anything goes" first night yes,

and I am NOT one for "formal" wear

but...any way you look at it, wearing a ball cap to dinner is rude

it is rude anywhere

I think it looks really bad...

it is not like they were wearing something to be "funny" or cute

they just are sitting there with ball caps on in a nice dining room

Interesting observation and you're right.

I don't know if it was purchased on board or not but I suspect no.

After canvasing our group it appears that only five bottles of 1.5 liter wine were confiscated and that during check in. They were told that the bottle size exceeded the 750 ml specified and the vino would be returned to them at the end of the voyage.

:)

We did get our wine back the last night just before dinner, and since it was too late to chill it, we left it for the steward who was very happy to have it. :)

it is rude anywhere

Wow we finally agree on something. Show a little respect, uncover when indoors.

I was pleasently surprised to discover our door did the same.

Our neighbors door would only stay open a few seconds, then close itself. I didn't know if we had a well mannered door or just what was up.

It was great to meet you all. We only got to mingle a few times , Zach brought a weeks worth of schoolwork with him, so we had a lot of cabin time, the balcony was a must for us.

It was a great cruise overall.

Thank you for the review, it's going to be fun to relive the whole week.

It was great to finally me you, as well.

Y'all have got to sail with us again!

:D

OT...I'm assuming you are "into" stitchery?

My daughter owns Houston's first "sewing lounge and craft studio"...doesn't get her creativity from her mother, though. Her place was voted "Best Hobby Shop in Houston 2010" by the Houston Press!

(end proud mother spiel)

I do indeed "stitch". Many years ago I discovered cross stitch and made so many pieces my son told me "Mom, you are a stiching fool". It stuck! :D

I do a lot of other sewing as well and I am a Crazie crafter! ;)

Oh man, ya'll sound so fun!! I need to cruise with ya'll sometime!!:D:D

I know, don't they? Would be great for sure!

Mach- More great pictures & continued review!!! I look forward to more! Thanks!

Ya' know, these folks are amazing. Not only are they fun but they're really like family. We've gone through births, deaths, weddings, divorces, illnesses... you name it, it's happened and we're always there for each other. AND we know how to have a great time on a ship!!!

I don't know how this happened but a bunch of us were out and about, I think just before dinner, and some fella stopped one of our folks and asked what group we were. He responded, of course, Crazies! The guy looked at him and said 'We know the Crazies! The Crazies are synonymous with cruising!' which of course was a HUGE compliment! From his accent he was from New England so surely not someone we would have run into normally.

We may not be synonymous with cruising but it certainly has built a great circle of friends. Y'all join us when ever you can!

:D

it is rude anywhere

We know. It was that evening and that evening only. They were reminded that ball caps are not permitted and they took them off...

I did see that John Heald really praised Mach and the "Crazies" for keeping such a positive attitude during the problems on the ship

I am not sure which of the days it was but he wrote some very nice things about you all

That came from the staff and went to John. He emailed me and asked what was going on with the Crazies and I let him know.

Many of the 'protesters' were rude, obnoxious and verbally abusive to the crew. We wanted to let them know how much we appreciate them... pretty simple.

Mach, thanks so much for your review. I can't wait for the rest of it.

We sail in 165 days on the Conquest and your pictures have me all quivery inside with anticipation.

Joy

It's a pleasure, of course!

You'll love the Conquest. She's my favorite in the fleet!

Did something happen while we were on the cruise. I am surprised at some of the hostility expressed to Host Mach and Crazies upon our return ... not just from this thread.

Firefly, I don't recall seeing any hostility on the boards last week regarding Mach or the Crazies. Lot of concern and following of the ship as it flounder through the Caribbean in search of a port of call, but no anger. Of course I didn't see every thread or post.

Mach, Stitch and all the Crazies....what a fun time you made of your cruise. Enjoying the replay. (I swear that the older gentleman in the red shirt next to Blaster Dave looks like Justin Wilson, the old Cajun cook,no offense)

crew

Firefly, I don't recall seeing any hostility on the boards last week regarding Mach or the Crazies. Lot of concern and following of the ship as it flounder through the Caribbean in search of a port of call, but no anger. Of course I didn't see every thread or post.

Mach, Stitch and all the Crazies....what a fun time you made of your cruise. Enjoying the replay. (I swear that the older gentleman in the red shirt next to Blaster Dave looks like Justin Wilson, the old Cajun cook,no offense)

crew

We had a brilliant time. On Saturday, a number of us were in the Atrium lobby having a few drinks, enjoying trivia and just being friends. Several of the folks remarked that this was one of the best, if not the best, cruise they had ever been on. Certainly not because of the weather or the missed ports but because our group had such a great time being Crazies, supporting the crew and just having fun where ever we went.

I don't know how many times Chris mentioned our group from the stage. Marvin, the Hotel Director, went out of his way to track me down to thank us for 'being so much fun.'

That's just the way Crazies are.

Sadly, we can't do the sailing on the Dream. I've handed the reigns over to a great friend and fellow Crazie, Floatie...

Oh no! Mach, I am truly sorry you aren't sailing the Dream next month -- I remember so well how you played into our voyage on her last year. If you ever rebook on the Dream, I'd like to know - since she is in our backyard we'd either jump on and sail with you or at the very least do something to make your visit to Canaveral memorable. Anyway, we've had to cancel a cruise here and there and it sucks. I'm sorry you get to experience that. I was truly looking forward to a review from you on the Dream, too.

Balcony Bound

Oh no! Mach, I am truly sorry you aren't sailing the Dream next month -- I remember so well how you played into our voyage on her last year. If you ever rebook on the Dream, I'd like to know - since she is in our backyard we'd either jump on and sail with you or at the very least do something to make your visit to Canaveral memorable. Anyway, we've had to cancel a cruise here and there and it sucks. I'm sorry you get to experience that. I was truly looking forward to a review from you on the Dream, too.

Balcony Bound

Thanks so much for the kind words... We'll get back to the Dream, no doubt, as we love that ship but first we need a little MAGIC in our lives!!!

Today, Monday, was a busy day for the Crazies, as days at sea go. We had the Poker cabin crawl at 11 AM followed by our Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle at 3 PM in Vincent’s, the large lounge on the port side of the ship across from the piano bar and it’s the first Elegant evening.

Considering that the cabin crawl concluded by about noon we had time to grab a bite for lunch, chill on our balcony and just enjoy the view.

CraziesSep26084.jpg

Now, there’s a story that goes with this image. Along with the much vaunted red bras that Stitch was inundated with came a pair of white leather shorts that XTeach281, aka Susan, found at some store like Goodwill for $2.50. The card that came along with them detailed the story of ‘The Craziehood of the Traveling Pants’, or some such thing. The instructions that came with them stated the following:

• Put the pants on (or hold up) at a location on board or in port.
  • Take a picture.
  • Pass the pants on to another Crazie (male or female)
  • Repeat
  • Return to Stitch before debarkment

Anyway, it was Stitch’s responsibility to get a picture taken wearing (I think they were a size two or something like that…) or holding them up in front of her and then pass them along with the directions to another person, a Crazie, who then, in turn, had to do the same. It was a ‘girl – boy – girl –boy’ kinda thing and the next person to be the recipient was KK, aka Andy.

CraziesSep26086.jpg

He cuts a rather dashing figure in white leather shorts, don’t you think?

Now, I enjoy inventive cooking even if it’s only a question of mashing various stuffs together until it looks like what you might want. I was so impressed by this hot dog, that contained nearly everything in the known universe, that I had to have a picture.

CraziesSep26089.jpg

Pity the poor cabin steward that had to clean HIS bathroom!!!

Our Meet & Mingle was fantastic. We had nearly 100 folks in attendance many of whom were not Crazies but soon found out what we are all about. I had to rip off a drink waiter from the art auction that was being conducted in the Degas Lounge, just aft of us and I’m sure he was thrilled because he had just been standing there, scratching his butt, waiting for someone, ANYONE to order a drink. No such issues at our M&M. The poor guy was inundated with orders but he did a fine job of keeping up and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Stitchpics031.jpg

Stitchpics032.jpg

I took a little time to welcome everyone and explain to the non-Crazies what we were about, when we cruise, etc. When I say it was a Meet & Mingle it was exactly that. It looked like folks were playing musical chairs after I put the mic down and got off the stage. We did overstay our welcome by a few minutes but Charlieanne, the Events Coordinator, said it was fine as the room wasn’t scheduled again.

I met a bunch of folks whose posts I had read on the boards, passed out some Cruise Critic thingies and had a great time in general. I’d like to thank everyone who attended for helping to make it one of the best Meet & Mingles I’ve been at.

Archived