RCI Explorer (Adventure Beach) or Freedom (H2O Zone)

TwoWeebles

I have a question for parents who have taken their kids on the Explorer of the Seas and/or the Freedom of the Seas. I am planning a trip for next year and I am trying to decide which would be more fun for my seven year old son. Adventure Beach on the Explorer, or the H2O Zone on Freedom. Can anyone give some insight and your experiences?

Thanks!

The H20 zone on the Freedom class is much larger than Adventure Beach. There is more to do. There are actual deep swimming pools. And hot tubs (for kids). And a "Lazy Donut" -- it's a pool that spins in a circle with a current that propels you like a lazy river -- but on a smaller scale. Shooting water.

AND...the H20 Zone is FRESH water. Adventure Beach is still salt water.

I can tell you that since my youngest will be 7 next year -- she would choose the H20 zone over Adventure Beach -- but we've aleady done the Freedom Class. We'll be on Adventure of the Seas next year -- time to try something new. :D My kid will get over it. ;)

We've done Explorer in 2009 and Freedom in 2010 with our 3 kids - son aged 9 now and twin girls aged 6 - they loved the slide on Explorer but the actual pools in the kids area weren't any good for swimming - one was a toddler pool and from memory the other one was a lot deaper (4ft something) but not very big. The bonus of the adventure beach area on Explorer is it was at the back of the ship and much quieter - but the slide isn't open all the time it was manned at certain times by a member of the AO team.

This year we went on Freedom and the H20 zone was great a lot busier and noiser but also close to the ice cream machines and the windjammer so we could work out keeping our sunloungers and take turns in going into get stuff for lunch!

If you are travelling during school holidays then Freedom would be better as the small area on Explorer would be a nightmare with lots of kids - luckily there were only 65 on there when we sailed!

thanks for all the replies! Now that I see some actual pics of Adventure Beach, I think my son would like the H2O zone better. Which is great for me since I wanted to go on the Freedom anyway. I have been trying to get on this ship for a year or two. So far, haven't made it. We are trying to pay off all of our debt, so cruising is the last thing on the list right now. I'm thinking it won't be until 2012 :(!

Archived