Christmas Day and New Year on Azamara

Bpos

We will be on the Quest for Christmas Day (Bangkok) and New Years Eve (HCM City) Does the ship have any special events or meals for those on board on those days?

We will be on the Quest for Christmas Day (Bangkok) and New Years Eve (HCM City) Does the ship have any special events or meals for those on board on those days?

Anyone been on Azamara over Xmas and New Year? - would love to hear from you

We were last year--Souteast Asia cruise. They had a big Christmas tree in the lobby. I think I remember special menus in the dining room and many people dressed up on those nights. Bookings for specialty restaurants went very fast in advance for those nights. On New Year's eve there was a late party, but we are early birds and did not attend. We made a point of taking small Xmas gifts for our cabin stewards. I can't remember too much else, but the cruise was great.

We were on a 16 day Panama Canal cruise this past Dec. 2009 / Jan. 2010 on the Journey. Christmas Eve and Day had special, holiday traditional menus. The evening show was holiday music and there were special church services on board. A staff member dressed as Santa Claus and was followed by other personnel, walking through the MDR. There was a lovely ginger bread house and a Christmas tree on deck four. Each cabin received a Christmas gift of an Azamara tote bag. The cruise line gifted each employee with a phone card so they could call their families; we thought that a lovely gesture. New Year's Eve also had a special menu, festive show and party on pool deck, beginning at about 11:15. Crew, senior staff and guests all mingled and attire was a bit more festive, but no tuxedos or cocktail dresses (for the most part). Champagne flowed and music was provided for dancing. Things died down, however, by 1:00. A holiday buffet brunch was set up in the MDR on New Year's Day. Everything throughout the cruise was festive, fun and in good taste. You did ask; I apologize if I've spoiled any surprises for you.

Harriet

Many thanks for the infomation. We Aussie's love to party and to celebrate Christmas and New Years Eve and I was concerned that there may not be any special arrangements for those days.

As a coincidence I was in HCM City for New Years Eve exactly fourty years ago and Hanoi exactly 20 years ago so to spend New Years Eve in HCM City again,but under very different circumstances will be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone !

I asked Azamara the question. Here's their response :

------------------------------------------------------

Entertainment and activities are adjusted to reflect a happy holiday atmosphere onboard both vessels. Both ships will be decorated by professional decorators.

We serve the traditional Christmas Eve dinner on December 24th and a more formal Christmas day dinner on December 25th.

We serve a New Year's eve dinner and party with count down weather permitting outside on the pool deck.

Both ships will have a Rabbi onboard to assist with Hanukkah.

In general, we have a Rabbi and or Priest onboard during major holidays.

Archived