Norwegian Jade - Deck 4, centre versus Deck 10 front

By&Ro Canada

We are heading on our first cruise in less than 3 weeks. We booked a guaranteed Cabin K (inside stateroom) thinking we'd probably get the centre of Deck 4. Our assigned cabin is at the very front of Deck 10. I probably shouldn't even ask.... but is there any comment you can offer about the two locations? I'm thinking mainly about the motion of the ship, one location versus the other and generally are there other pros and cons between the two locations?

ByandRo

By&Ro Canada.

I am no expert on this matter, but I would say Deck10 N is an upgrade.

I have noted on other reports that the lower & more central you on a ship the better in rough weather. With this in mind we have booked Deck 5 mid ship instead of deck 8 more forward on the Jade in March 2011.

Cheers

By&Ro Canada.

I am no expert on this matter, but I would say Deck10 N is an upgrade.

I have noted on other reports that the lower & more central you on a ship the better in rough weather. With this in mind we have booked Deck 5 mid ship instead of deck 8 more forward on the Jade in March 2011.

Cheers

First of all THANKS for replying! (On another site friends poke fun at me for being a thread killer. It seems one message from me and a thread will stop for days.... I figured I actually killed my own thread this time :))

I was thinking we'd end up with a cabin at the centre of Deck 4. The "N" cabin on Deck 10 is very near the front so more prone to motion. I've also read that some people minded the sound of the anchor being dropped when they had forward cabins. Personally the anchor issue doesn't concern me. Probably we'll be okay with the motion of the ship... I'm somewhat susceptable to motion sickness (can't read in a moving car for example)... but I think I'm more or less average in that regard.

Looking at the Deck plan everything else looks great ..... nothing noisy above or below, not on any main "pathways" to/from elevators, dining rooms, clubs or bars.

Regards,

ByandRo

Archived