Epic - Question about Rock Climbing Wall

JimInBuffalo

for recent travelers on the Epic:

Does the rock climbing wall have a rosin bag available for use by climbers? It seems like it would be very basic to have one but I found on the last two cruises on the Pearl that they did not.

Thanks,

-Jim

for recent travelers on the Epic:

Does the rock climbing wall have a rosin bag available for use by climbers? It seems like it would be very basic to have one but I found on the last two cruises on the Pearl that they did not.

Thanks,

-Jim

what on earth is that.....sounds like you really know your rock climbing......

A rosin bag is used by climbers to apply rosin (special powder) to their hands before climbing. The rosin helps to keep the hands dry and allows you to have a better grip on the "rocks".

It is the same stuff you see olympic gymnasts using before they use the parrellel bars and other gym equipment.

At most rock climbing walls they will have either a bag of rosin or an open container. I asked on the other ships and they said they kept asking managment for some and they never got it.

I got into climbing when my son was in the Boy Scouts and I really like it. I usually climb every day while on the cruises with the walls available. I hope that the ones on the Epic isn't too crowded next week.

-Jim

It is the same stuff you see olympic gymnasts using before they use the parrellel bars and other gym equipment.

I thought that was chalk....I'm toatally ignorant :(:(:(

Wow...next weeek.....I'm so jealous. I get my turn in a few weeeks....check back let us know about the rock wall....I would like to try it a few times for exercise......

Jim,

I did not see one on deck. Also, the wall is quite short compared to other NCL ships like the Gem. It was never busy when they opened in the morning on the 9/11 cruise. You could climb until you burned yourself out. Maybe 20-30 seconds up depending on your level.

Have fun!

Sorry to hear that the rock climbing walls are shorter than the other ships. I assumed that given the magnitude of the ship, everything would be bigger and better.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, we leave Saturday and will be doing two weeks on the Epic.

I have my own rosin bag that I will take with me now that I know NCL is too cheap to have it there.

I will post my review when I get back home.

-Jim In Buffalo

Archived