Question re dollar ride to Sapphire

RysMom

We used the $2 bus in St Thomas about 3 weeks ago to get from Crown Bay to Sapphire beach. It was wonderful. I will do it again in a heartbeat.

Everyone on board was friendly and helpful, the local people are just great to be with in the bus. We loved the $2 safari bus and can recommend it highly.

We used the $2 bus in St Thomas about 3 weeks ago to get from Crown Bay to Sapphire beach. It was wonderful. I will do it again in a heartbeat.

Everyone on board was friendly and helpful, the local people are just great to be with in the bus. We loved the $2 safari bus and can recommend it highly.

Will be on the Eurodam in a few weeks and plan to go to Sapphire beach.

Even after reading the posts, I'm still not sure where you pick up the "bus" in relation to where the Eurodam docks!

Also, did you enjoy Sapphire beach?

Even after reading the posts, I'm still not sure where you pick up the "bus" in relation to where the Eurodam docks!

We will be on the NCL Jewel in Feb and would like the same info

Also, we will be there on a Sun., is there any problem with getting the bus or being allowed onto Sapphire beach on Sundays?

We were just there on Dec 13th and we love this local bus, for in fact when we left Sapphire I could not recall which side of the road I stood on the last time to get the bus so I walked up to the top of the hill (killer) so I could see if coming both ways. This local comes to me in her car and says "honey you need to be on the other side of the road...bus only goes in one direction and you will miss it over here" Guess I had tourist written all over me! It can be a bit confusing but overall it is alot of fun and it will save you big bucks....$4 roundtrip vs $20 in a taxi. For one person that is not to bad but times that savings by 2 or 4 and it adds up

We have to figure out where your ship ports so you can get good directions

Do a search on this board for " Dollar Taxi's to Red Hook (St. Thomas to St. John) " and you will find the info on how to get from Crown Bay to Sapphire and back on the $2 taxi. On the day we were there the Eurodam docked at Crown Bay.

We loved Sapphire, it was a great beach. I like to snorkel in shallow water and there was plenty of fish to see. If you start feeding them, lots of them will show up out of nowhere !!

Sapphire has shade, I love shade :-)

Do a search on this board for " Dollar Taxi's to Red Hook (St. Thomas to St. John) " and you will find the info on how to get from Crown Bay to Sapphire and back on the $2 taxi. On the day we were there the Eurodam docked at Crown Bay.

We loved Sapphire, it was a great beach. I like to snorkel in shallow water and there was plenty of fish to see. If you start feeding them, lots of them will show up out of nowhere !!

Sapphire has shade, I love shade :-)

Did the search but didn't come up with anything. Can anyone tell us where to pick up the bus from the dock? Or if you can find it in the search, please copy and paste here. Thanks

Did the search but didn't come up with anything. Can anyone tell us where to pick up the bus from the dock? Or if you can find it in the search, please copy and paste here. Thanks

I have a hard time with that search also...been there several times and here is now you do it. First off you must be a patient crusader as this is the island and remember often no signs or many things look or mean the samething.

Easy part...leave the ship, walk straight thru Havensight to the mainroad. Go left on the main road, wlak down the sidewalk past the tram up the mountian thing to the stop light (Wendys on your left). At this light you go straight for town and right for the local bus. You will pass the Pueblo grocery on your right (good place to pick up snacks/pop). As you are walking (bascially back to the ship) you want to be on the left side of the road, walking with traffic. Youve pobably walked maybe a mille and yep, you should be hot. Here is where it gets tricky.....

You can catch the bus anywhere along this road, best place is at the first curb cutout as they can swing in there to pick you up. This will be before the shopping center up the street. Ok the next tricky part is what does this bus look like???? Well St Thomas does an open air taxi that holds roughly 10-20 people pending size, the private ones have a white taxi sign on the cab roof and they tend to be nice/flashy/trickedout and they hold tourists. The $2 bus is for the locals, it will look the same but it will have a yellow taxi sign and will not be all fancy. They come when they like and move fast. If you miss one or dont see on you can keep walking going up to the McDonalds. Look across that major street to the next one and you will see the hospital (also on a google map). There is a huge bus stop shelter there that you can wait at. No need to worry about direction as the bus only runs one way so get on....ride about 15 mins, you are gonna stop along the way for others and sometimes its right in the middle of the road. Its best if you sit on the side behind the driver so you can see...you will pass 2 large resort entrances and start to see the ocean this is when you need to pay attention. You will come down a hill and the entrance to Sapphire is there. Sign is big enough to see in beige with blue writing and it says something like Saphiire Condo resort...this is it. Push the doorbell quick above your head to stop the bus. Get off pay $2pp.

If you go past to fast and hit the bell late dont panic as the bus will stop at the top of the hill at the next condo entrance and you can walk down. Its all public and easy to get into.

When ready to leave walk back out to the street and stand on the side you were let off on, again waiting for the right taxi and right around the part of the island you have not seen. Plan about 20 mins back to ship area. If you want to go back to the ship you will want to get off right at the Pueblo groc so hit the button as you approach or you can stay on and the bus will go to the right into town where you can get off and shop then priv taxi back to ship later. Taxi to Sapphire is $10pp each way vs $2.

Like I said you have to be patient and expect some adventure but the payoff is worthit

Archived