New to RCL and Monarch of the Seas

We’ll be taking our first RCL cruise on the Monarch of the seas in December. We’re really looking forward to trying out RCL.

I’ve been reading the boards and studying the RCL site regarding the Monarch but still have a few questions.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions shared would be greatly appreciated.

Cabin 6567 inside:

Anyone on Cruise Critic stayed in this cabin? Any pictures?

Are there refrigerators in the cabins (customer service told my sis, no, only at special request for meds)?

Are there blow-dryers and how powerful are they?

Should I bring a power strip for all the gadgets (Kindle, cell phones, electronic cig, etc)?

My Time Dining

Which Dining room is it in?

On line, it says I have to pick an options;

Option 1: Come anytime and sit with different people

Option 2: Have a set time at your choice and sit with the same people.

Carnival allowed us to come anytime and sit only with the people we were with. This worked out well for us. Do I have to pick an option?

Alcohol Drinks:

Are there DOD?

Pricing of foo-foo drinks

Are the bartenders light on the alcohol or heavy handed?:D

Thanks reading and any help you can provide would be great.

Tammie

We’ll be taking our first RCL cruise on the Monarch of the seas in December. We’re really looking forward to trying out RCL.

I’ve been reading the boards and studying the RCL site regarding the Monarch but still have a few questions.

Cabin 6567 inside:

Are there refrigerators in the cabins (customer service told my sis, no, only at special request for meds)? There are no refrig until you get to SOV or above

Are there blow-dryers and how powerful are they? They have blow-dryers, but I always take my own. I don't think they are that good.

Should I bring a power strip for all the gadgets (Kindle, cell phones, electronic cig, etc)? There will be 2 plug-ins by the vanity. So unless you need to plug everything in at the same time, you can get by.

My Time Dining

Which Dining room is it in? It is on Deck 4

Carnival allowed us to come anytime and sit only with the people we were with. This worked out well for us. Do I have to pick an option? No you do not have to pick an option. We did MTD, never made reservations and sometimes we sat with others, but for the most part we always ate by ourselves. If you have a big group, then you are better if you make reservations for each night-but they can be at different times if you so choose.

Alcohol Drinks:

Are there DOD?Yes, there are always daily drink specials and a drink of the day. For cococay it will be the Cocoloco

Pricing of foo-foo drinks Depending on the drink I would say between $7-$9

Are the bartenders light on the alcohol or heavy handed?:D again, really depends. They guys that walk around with drinks will pour extra in if you ask, guessing the bartenders don't do that.

Tammie

I will answer a few for you. See above.

Are there refrigerators in the cabins (customer service told my sis, no, only at special request for meds)?

Only in Junior Suites and above.

Yes and Yes.

Should I bring a power strip for all the gadgets (Kindle, cell phones, electronic cig, etc)?

You may want it, not many plugs. Have read on here where they take them from you on some ships.

Alcohol Drinks:

Are there DOD?

Yes

I seem to remember about $7 to $8

Heavy Handed but you can ask for them to go easy, of course I never ask.

Have a wonderful time. We have sailed the Monarch many times, about 8. We were on her last month and will be on her in December, 31st.

ChipA

There are hair dryers that are in the desk. Powerful enough for me. One less thing to pack.

I don't recall any mini refrig.

You will want to pack a power strip.

For MTD, were booked a reservation before sailing. It ended up being the same table every night, which worked for us.

I thought the drinks were ok. That is a judgement. Others would say on the weak side.

Cabin 6567 inside:

My Time Dining

Which Dining room is it in?

Carnival allowed us to come anytime and sit only with the people we were with. This worked out well for us. Do I have to pick an option?

Alcohol Drinks:

Are there DOD?

Tammie

I was on the Monarch in August in a 6500 block inside cabin, so hopefully I can give you some information:

- No refrigerators in the cabin. Sorry, there's really no room for one :eek:

- There is a blow dryer in one of the drawers of your vanity area. It is quite sufficient!

- Power strips will be confiscated and you'll be called down to the naughty room. Just swap out plugged in items as you need them if you can. (i.e. leave the cell phone charging while you're out with the kindle and e-cig, or vice versa)

- As for MTD, I've only done the Traditional Dining, so someone else will have to chime in on that.

- There is a DOD every day, and the pricing varies, particularly with the souvenir cup that's bound to come with it.

- Dunno about froo-froo drink prices...

- I've noted the bartenders on Monarch to be fairly generous with their servings, and I don't believe they charge for most mixers. Personally, I'd stay away from wine at dinner though... I paid 55$ for a bottle that was 15$ at home. :rolleyes: Oh well, live and learn, right?

Deck Six is nicely situated, with quick access to the Centrum, and your stair climbing isn't going to be too terrible to make it to the pool deck or Windjammer. The Monarch is a small ship, but her crew is awesome, and you'll have an absolute blast. :D

Loving this board! My husband and I will be on the Monarch in Dec as well, and this is our First RCCL trip. I noticed Tammy you will be on the Legend...that is the ship we were on in March and LOVED it!! It's a great ship, and lots of fun!

We will be in the 8000 series of cabins, connecting with our daughters.

I did have to request a mini refrig for my one daughter who is diabetic, and had to fill out a form. Hopefully it will be in there when we board.

I took a mini power strip (just has 3 outlets to plug into and male part) on Carnival and was ok. I was planning on taking it again.

Loving this board! My husband and I will be on the Monarch in Dec as well, and this is our First RCCL trip. I noticed Tammy you will be on the Legend...that is the ship we were on in March and LOVED it!! It's a great ship, and lots of fun!

We will be in the 8000 series of cabins, connecting with our daughters.

I did have to request a mini refrig for my one daughter who is diabetic, and had to fill out a form. Hopefully it will be in there when we board.

I took a mini power strip (just has 3 outlets to plug into and male part) on Carnival and was ok. I was planning on taking it again.

This is also our first time with RCCL and really looking forward to it. Thanks for the positive regarding the Legend.........doing that one with the kids and grandchild.

My sister and her DH will be with us on the legend. She too had to perorder a fridge for her DH as he is diabetic too. I'll let you know how that works out for her.

Have a great time!!!

Archived