For Brits using fly/cruise out of LHR

Joecors

Don't know whether anyone flying out of LHR for a Quest cruise at 8.35(or thereabouts) on 20th Sept experienced the same problem as we did with Az. use of block booking of flight tickets: this resulted in the blocking of boarding passes until arrival at LHR, and also the return journey until arrival at Rome Airport. Have a feeing that some of you did as the captain who flew us out apologised for having so many partners sitting apart. If you had seats together could have been your lucky day; should have bought a lottery ticket!!

We spoke to the Az. rep at LHR and she provided us with a number which she said would help us get in advance boarding passes for the return journey. Bum steer!!

I have complained to Az./RCCL at Addlestone who have stated that they are looking into the problem. I know the some of the ships' officers scan the Cruise Critc site daily, taking reports seriously. Any contributions that you care to make will give strength to my elbow or alternatively any suggestions that you care to make to "crack the system" will give me "strength to carry on"

Thanks

Sam

Don't know whether anyone flying out of LHR for a Quest cruise at 8.35(or thereabouts) on 20th Sept experienced the same problem as we did with Az. use of block booking of flight tickets: this resulted in the blocking of boarding passes until arrival at LHR, and also the return journey until arrival at Rome Airport. Have a feeing that some of you did as the captain who flew us out apologised for having so many partners sitting apart. If you had seats together could have been your lucky day; should have bought a lottery ticket!!

We spoke to the Az. rep at LHR and she provided us with a number which she said would help us get in advance boarding passes for the return journey. Bum steer!!

I have complained to Az./RCCL at Addlestone who have stated that they are looking into the problem. I know the some of the ships' officers scan the Cruise Critc site daily, taking reports seriously. Any contributions that you care to make will give strength to my elbow or alternatively any suggestions that you care to make to "crack the system" will give me "strength to carry on"

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam

We never did meet!

We too had this problem. It was a block booking as there was 29 of us, and it was not changeable, as we ,even at LHR on the morning of the flight.

We have complained. On previous cruises with AZ and flying with BA we have been able to change our seats 24 hours before. As you say a lot of couples were split. Although they were only short flights it does not make for a happy experience.

Carol

Archived