Music for Cruise Video

CruisingLover

Hi

I'm not cruising until April 2011 but I already know I will be making a photo/video montage of the trip.

I wondered if I could get some suggestions for some good cruise type songs I can use when I put it all together :)

Thanks!

Tracy

Here are a few songs that I have used for my cruise videos. For some odd reason, I have a whole cruise play list...One thing to consider if you are going to upload to youtube, some music you use will get blocked due to copyright issues. If you use Vimeo, you do not have this issue

Where the Boat Leave From - Zac Brown BAnd

Orinoco Flow - Enya

Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin

These are the Days - 10,000 Maniacs

Two Pina Coladas - Garth Brooks

Red Red Wine - Bob Marley

Caribbean Blue - Enya

Time of Your Life - Green Day

You'll Be Mine - Gloria Estefan

Island in the Sun - Weezer

Edge of the Ocean - Ivy

Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett

Toes - Zac Brown Band

Tim

You da man Tim!

I upgraded my Photobucket account, so no problem with bandwidth limits.

I agree with Tim. If you cruise the Caribbean, pretty much anything Jimmy Buffet (check out my "Back in Ecstasy" video).

I'll hear a song on the radio (usually adult alternative station) that hits me that it would be a good sountrack for a cruise video, so I try and write down the name of it and will searcg for it on i-Tunes. Then, I can download onto my video editing program (Pinnacle Ultimate).

Marty

The other thing I find with making slideshows/videos and using various music is that I tend to try and find music that fits certain segments. Sometimes you need a song that is 3 minutes, other times 5, etc. Below is the link to the one I did for youtube from my Panama Canal cruise. I used these songs largely cause they fit and are not blocked by youtube. Granted, they are also really great cruise songs.

• 2 weeks later...
The other thing I find with making slideshows/videos and using various music is that I tend to try and find music that fits certain segments. Sometimes you need a song that is 3 minutes, other times 5, etc. Below is the link to the one I did for youtube from my Panama Canal cruise. I used these songs largely cause they fit and are not blocked by youtube. Granted, they are also really great cruise songs.

OK, I gotta ask.. how did you do the "book intro" to that video? Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, y'know... :o

OK, I gotta ask.. how did you do the "book intro" to that video? Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, y'know... :o

I did the video on iMovie on my Mac. They have several "themes" that are available and one of them is the book intro. The theme allows you to do various things with the book so it is a matter of playing around with it.

I agree. I tried to fit the music to the video. Where possible I try to buy music along the way so that the music will be FROM the country we are visiting or represent it in some way. For example, in my video on our walking tour of Tallinn in Estonia I ONLY used music from the region, especially the music of Gustav Ernesaks and Raimond Valgre. It really is more than just doingl the video, it's a musical education!!

Estonia with all Estonian music

Paul - if I ever cruise to Estonia, for my cruise video music, I plan on using the "Rolling Estones" :p;).

Marty

It's funny Marty. If you Google the "Rolling Estones" -- you get the Rolling Stones. Google thinks of everything. I wouldn't doubt that the Stones are popular in Estonia -- very hip little country.

It's funny Marty. If you Google the "Rolling Estones" -- you get the Rolling Stones. Google thinks of everything. I wouldn't doubt that the Stones are popular in Estonia -- very hip little country.

How right you are Paul. You can imagine how thrilled I was to come across the Stones' superb cover of Estonian Dance Suite

I believe it this was fromthe early 60s. Shortly afterwards Jagger insisted on doing vocals on all their tracks so the band concentrated on blues and rock instead.:)

How right you are Paul. You can imagine how thrilled I was to come across the Stones' superb cover of Estonian Dance Suite

I believe it this was fromthe early 60s. Shortly afterwards Jagger insisted on doing vocals on all their tracks so the band concentrated on blues and rock instead.:)

Hey. Nice informative video about Tallinn .. Stones or no Stones.

I agree. I tried to fit the music to the video. Where possible I try to buy music along the way so that the music will be FROM the country we are visiting or represent it in some way. For example, in my video on our walking tour of Tallinn in Estonia I ONLY used music from the region, especially the music of Gustav Ernesaks and Raimond Valgre. It really is more than just doingl the video, it's a musical education!!

Estonia with all Estonian music

There is apparently a new feature on iMovie that is suppose to fit the video to the music, including the beat. Have not tried it yet, but the examples I have seen make it a little jumpy.

There is apparently a new feature on iMovie that is suppose to fit the video to the music, including the beat. Have not tried it yet, but the examples I have seen make it a little jumpy.

I don't use iMovie .. but I know of music generation software that uses "loops" to patch together original music scores that will fit the video length and where the tempo is variable. I prefer canned music. It's fairly easy to make the music fit the overall time of the video by putting the end of the music at the end of the video, so things end smoothly, then put the beginning of the music at the beginning so things start right -- and finally find an edit point in the middle to blend the two music sections together as best you can. With some practice you get good at smoothly patching the music so things start nicely and end nicely no matter what the length of the video.

I don't use iMovie .. but I know of music generation software that uses "loops" to patch together original music scores that will fit the video length and where the tempo is variable. I prefer canned music. It's fairly easy to make the music fit the overall time of the video by putting the end of the music at the end of the video, so things end smoothly, then put the beginning of the music at the beginning so things start right -- and finally find an edit point in the middle to blend the two music sections together as best you can. With some practice you get good at smoothly patching the music so things start nicely and end nicely no matter what the length of the video.

Yes, and this is one of the several techniques that I use -- it's like the software is managing the movie scores. I also use a second track for the natural background sound, such as the sounds of the waves at the beach.

Here's a sample:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mathgeek1978#p/u/20/uCuydICInio

Archived