open water bottle at embarkation?

ViolaSwamp

I am a big time water drinker - I have a bottle on me 24/7!

So, going through embarkation, carrying a solitary Dasani water bottle with me, that shouldn't be a problem should it? I am not bringing a package of bottled water, I will drink the ship's, but I don't want to have to toss my half-filled water bottle at the pier.

Will this be a problem??

Thanks!

No different than when you are boarding a plane
Boarding the plane with it isn't an issue, it's taking it through the TSA checkpoint. If you buy it post-security, no worries.

With that said ...

I only recall seeing *one* place that had snacks/beverages available for purchase between check-in and boarding the ship, and that was Port of Miami a number of years ago.

So, going through embarkation, carrying a solitary Dasani water bottle with me, that shouldn't be a problem should it? I am not bringing a package of bottled water, I will drink the ship's, but I don't want to have to toss my half-filled water bottle at the pier.

Will this be a problem??

Thanks!

In Miami this past January - we had to throw away a 3/4 full water bottle.

In San Diego in March - we knew the drill, and watched others throw away open bottles.

As others have said a sealed full bottle is fine to go through with.

I bet you could bring a bomb on the ship and the chances of it being found in your check in is probably only 50%. They do not scan every bag. I saw dog sniffers though, once or twice in maybe 15 cruises.

Our port here they DO scan every bag. All checked luggage goes into a building before being loaded on the ship where they are xrayed.

Now if the operators are not paying attention then stuff will get missed.

Will this be a problem??

Thanks!

There's not really a problem - Just finish whatever bottle you had prior to the security check point, toss the empty. Once you are through security, get a fresh un-opened one out of your carry-on. No biggie...

• 3 weeks later...
I've been thinking of bringing a 24 or 35 pack of water bottles with me. Anyone know what the rules are regarding this?

I wish CCL would put ALL of their policies in writing and publish on their website. Seems there is much personal policy interpretation going on. For example, 'Mr/Ms Security' tend to go overboard with the beverages brought on board.

As I believe in following the rules, I contacted CCL's Guest Solution department (guestsolutionssupport@carnival.com) for the specifics on what non-alcoholic beverages can be brought on board with us at embarkation. The response I received was "a six pack". Now that was not a complete answer, e.g., a six pack of what quantity (volume) was left unanswered.

On CC, I have seen several posters list bringing a case of water, 24 packs of sodas, etc. It would be **nice** to see this policy in writing to end confusion and more importantly end the bullying I have seen at embarkation. For example, I was denied bringing a gallon of water while on the same sailing learned fellow passengers successfully brought cases of water and sodas on board. Due to a health issue I have found a few brands of water that I can drink and it is not offered on the cruise ships, so I had to drink beer all week. Sadly CCL does not offer the beer I prefer. Could not have mixed drinks-ice, nor juices as they are diluted with water.

Thanks. I looked but I guess not well enough. I appreciate the help.

Where did you find it on CCL website? I would **LOVE** to print it and carry it with me on my next sailing.

A 12 pack for me and one "for" DH, would get me through the week. Plus those beers don't hurt either.

Where did you find it on CCL website? I would **LOVE** to print it and carry it with me on my next sailing.

A 12 pack for me and one "for" DH, would get me through the week. Plus those beers don't hurt either.

It is in the frequently asked questions at the bottom of the home page, it is in the section " What is the liquor and beverage policy?"

Archived